Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
I am the organiser of our Family account and my partner bought a new iPhone yesterday - this makes her eligible for the 1 year free subscription.

Will this automatically go across the family too even though she's not the organiser?

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
I am the organiser of our Family account and my partner bought a new iPhone yesterday - this makes her eligible for the 1 year free subscription.

Will this automatically go across the family too even though she's not the organiser?

it Works the same way Apple Music family sharing works.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Thanks but I don't have Apple Music. Does the 'sharing' only work if activated by the organiser? Or is it anyone in the family?

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Once you set up family sharing everything from the organizer is shared. Movies, TV shows, apps.. etc

bumbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Just called Apple and they said it can be anyone within the family and then everyone gets access so doesn’t need to be the organiser

Mercer

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
North West, UK
Yeah, my daughter got her iPad replaced due to a fault and now i am being offered a years trial which is cool but i dont really want to watch on my phone/tablet. cant spring for an apple tv unfortunately. If they made chromecast access on the app. i would give it a whirl

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.