Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

Can somebody help me with this?
I have problem downloading apps that are available only in mac app store.
As you can see, I have version 8.0.2 of microsoft remote desktop, while I can see a new version in mac app store, the 8.0.3.
But as you see, it displays 'installed' button and I cannot update.
Why this happens?
What can I do?

you might want to make a separate thread.
This thread is for new features/changes in Mavericks, not bugs.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
opening iTunes

Every now and then (pretty much most times because it annoying as hell), when you click on iTunes app either in the dock on the /Applications folder you hear a *beep*, and the app is open, but not viable on screen...

It's open, because it appears in task switcher, but it doesn't appear at all on screen, even though the light in the dock for it is light..

Force close is the only way around, or maybe a restart (i haven't tried that yet).

Its such a joke, Apple calls this "One of those things that happens" lol...

For god sakes Apple, they designed the app, and they say to me this is "just how it is sometimes" ? Its a bug clearly..... They just use those lines because its not important enough to even fix,,,

There are times i really hate Apple and their "methods" and this is one of them. Then you see update t iTunes that "fixes" this issue...... Hey presto,, its just gone from "not important" to something we care about...

Seems Apple tries to make allot of excuses for no reason. we are paying for support with APP.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Every update, Location Services defaults to Enable.... even if it were disabled prior... Grrr..

Apple knows know to 'press the right buttons'

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam

Can somebody help me with this?
I have problem downloading apps that are available only in mac app store.
As you can see, I have version 8.0.2 of microsoft remote desktop, while I can see a new version in mac app store, the 8.0.3.
But as you see, it displays 'installed' button and I cannot update.
Why this happens?
What can I do?
Sometimes is takes a while for the updated file to actually come through. Try again tomorrow.

Bayshun

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2014
I just wanted to comment that I'm not sure what the 10.9.2 update did, but the battery life of my early 2013 rMBP seems to have gone up quite a bit ever since I downloaded it. I was down to about three hours from full charge to empty before, and now am up to about five hours with the same user settings. I'm guessing that something it fixed was causing a moderate battery drain. Has anyone else noticed this? It's nice that I can actually turn on my keyboard backlight again.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
is it just me, or with every new OS from Apple, "All the little things..." thread(s) get longer and longer ? :p

Ailton

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
Thing i'd like to see in os x mavericks (10.9)

I want to bring back the ability to view the icons in windows by date modified, but without scrolling horizontally stay locked.

I want to have the freedom to paint the entire name of the color of my preference file, as it was before, but better. Did not like the color next to the name of the cookie files, because the visualization is bad.

I want the column "date modified" and "kind" look more to the left, because usually it is hidden, forcing us to slide the screen to locate them.

I want a search system more perfect files, where we can better control the filters and search.

I want more control on the display of icons, with more possibility of customization of the windows.

I want it to be as easy to connect an iPhone or iPad to the iMac, as it is to connect an Android gadgets.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
yes, but with less and less content!

Understandable considering it's an annual release cycle that Apple moved OS X to. That means no more Leopard type of releases with 300+ new feature from now on, it'll be a small one every year and Mavericks is more of a "under the hood" update. Expect to see more features type of an update this year, hopefully, with AirDrop support between iOS/OS X.

emporiky

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
I was wondering if anyone knows when is expected the 10.9.3 release of Mavericks, because I saw that another beta was released a week ago? I am kind of waiting for it, hoping that it will resolve the last bits of my rMBP lag issues (in the UI) :)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
AFP share issue.... Sometimes the user is unable to Disconnect..

When you click Disconnect, it appears its disconnect, but when you reopen Finder you are connected again automatically, and can even do screen sharing bypassing credentials. Sometimes restarting client solves this, and/or disable/re-enable File sharing on the server machine.

As to why it constantly happens ? No idea. Bot Macs are on 10.9.2

the3ye

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
How can I disable it?
It's a popup foe enabling keychain feature I'm not interested in.
iCloud Keychain is disabled, and I don't need constant reminders of having a password generator with hyphens, that most sites won't allow.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2014-04-11 o 12.17.41.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2014-04-11 o 12.17.41.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 386

slo-climber

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2013
In Safari View panel, there is an "Enter Full Screen" command with shortcut
"^ cmd F". But I don't know where I can find that ^ key. Could someone help me, please. ;)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
More bugs

- In Network Preferences, "Advanced" if you change any settings, then attempt to lock the pane *without* first Applying changes, you get a popup asking you if you want to apply changes as well as lock the pane.

However, when the user clicks ok to this, changes are NOT saved..

Workaround is the user must first "Apply", then lock.... :rolleyes:

Who the hell worked on Mavericks ?? Seems a simple problem that should not even have surfaced....

I don't mind software having bugs, but the little things are like so "Well, i guess only Apple could have done this." No other company can, and get away with it.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Finder window size

If you use a remote connection, either screen sharing via Finder itself, or a 3rd-party app, and you resize the Finder window, the next time you close Finder, then re-open the position you resized it to is not saved.

Once done, there is no way to fix this, Trashing apple.com,Finder does not help, nor does restarting Mac and/or Trashing Caches folders.

This just just idiotic in my view... If window is saved without even attempting a remote connection ever, then what difference does it make with one there ?

Its a different Mac anyway... different preferences settings... nothing shared, but the clipboard.

*look at previous post.... umm... shows how often this thread gets updated* :)

beowulf70

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010
London
Is it just me and my eyesight, or have the menus and everything else displayed in Adobe CS 5.1 (currently Illustrator in particular) suddenly gone pixelated after installing Mavericks?!? NOT impressed....:mad:

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Is it just me and my eyesight, or have the menus and everything else displayed in Adobe CS 5.1 (currently Illustrator in particular) suddenly gone pixelated after installing Mavericks?!? NOT impressed....:mad:

How is that the fault of Mavericks? Adobe uses a custom interface, so any glitches are actually their issues.

Also, this isn't the right thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.