Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beowulf70

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010
London
How is that the fault of Mavericks? Adobe uses a custom interface, so any glitches are actually their issues.

Also, this isn't the right thread.

Thank you for your helpful insight MikhailT. As the only the upgrade or update I have made is the installation of OS X Mavericks, I therefore assume it IS the right thread as it surely pertains to OS X Mavericks. If you would like to police the threads and offer such helpful insights, please don't be shy and point me in the right direction I should have posted my OS X Mavericks query in. :roll eyes:

PS> For what it's worth, I did spend about half an hour searching the OS X Mavericks threads for any real insight into my issue and found none. However, I just found a thread from 2 years ago revealing Adobe Illustrator looked rubbish on an rMBP back then. Maybe because I use a 27" display all day I've not noticed how bad Illustrator (UI and vectors) looked on my rMBP until last night. I still find that hard to believe though. Anyway, thanks again MikhailT for your tolerance, empathy and understanding… YAWN

Last edited:

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Thank you for your helpful insight MikhailT. As the only the upgrade or update I have made is the installation of OS X Mavericks, I therefore assume it IS the right thread as it surely pertains to OS X Mavericks. If you would like to police the threads and offer such helpful insights, please don't be shy and point me in the right direction I should have posted my OS X Mavericks query in. :roll eyes:

PS> For what it's worth, I did spend about half an hour searching the OS X Mavericks threads for any real insight into my issue and found none. However, I just found a thread from 2 years ago revealing Adobe Illustrator looked rubbish on an rMBP back then. Maybe because I use a 27" display all day I've not noticed how bad Illustrator (UI and vectors) looked on my rMBP until last night. I still find that hard to believe though. Anyway, thanks again MikhailT for your tolerance, empathy and understanding… YAWN

10.9 All the Little Things! This thread is about new things related to Mavericks, the OS, not anything else. You should be posting a separate thread in the OS X Mavericks forum.

By your logic, every single post related to Mavericks should be in this thread. Does that make any sense to you?

If you cannot find any post, you create a brand new topic. That'll get folks to notice your issue more and they'll reply if they can help. Plus, you can help future visitors when they see this thread instead of a random small post in this thread.

beowulf70

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010
London
10.9 All the Little Things! This thread is about new things related to Mavericks, the OS, not anything else. You should be posting a separate thread in the OS X Mavericks forum.

By your logic, every single post related to Mavericks should be in this thread. Does that make any sense to you?

If you cannot find any post, you create a brand new topic. That'll get folks to notice your issue more and they'll reply if they can help. Plus, you can help future visitors when they see this thread instead of a random small post in this thread.

:D Spasibo. Kak dela?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
In mail, you need a VPN connection to access Exchange server...

That's not the issue, but the error you get is far to "generic" Username/password is incorrect, when it connects just fine in iOS.

Apple mail connects to same Exchange server too, provided you use a VPN connection.

Why these errors just just too "generic" despite you still receive certificate just before the error. True, there are lots of problems that can be related to same connection issue, but why is it all group to a single general error that you would get for something entirely different ?

The problem is obvious, just mail doesn't know.

di1in

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in
Is it possible to get notifications on my iOS7 device show up on Mav, when my phone is in standby mode? Like missed calls, SMSs, or anything else I might have selected?

That would be a dream, but I don't think so. The best you can have right now is iMessage and even that sometimes have sync problems...

Guess my dream came true in OS X Yosemite! :D

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in
Is it possible to get notifications on my iOS7 device show up on Mav, when my phone is in standby mode? Like missed calls, SMSs, or anything else I might have selected?

Guess my dream came true in OS X Yosemite! :D

In the meantime, you could be using Notifyr. Works via Bluetooth LE, not WiFi (which is what Yosemite will use.)

yesjam

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
The only "little thing" that particularly bugs me about Mavericks (and has since Lion) is the inability to navigate Mission Control with the keyboard in the same way we could navigate Expose in Snow Leopard. I've been trying to search for a workaround for this for three years now to no avail! If only Mavericks had this simple functionality...

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
anyone notice that if you hold down OPTION in Quickview when viewing a large pic, iphone, mac etc... it zooms in, and keeping OPTION key held down you can pan over the original image with track-pad without needing to open it up in Preview ?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
dock/wallpaper issues ?

Not sure if this is due to 10.9.4 update, or the fact i'm on Retina Mac, but this happened after login:-

no transparency under dock icons.. (almost looks like star wars)

'Killall dock' from Terminal and saw 2nd screenshot.. no track-pad swipe till i hit the Notification icon (upper left), then everything came back.

Update :seems the "grey screen" is now much more noticeable by the user in 10.9.4, also all wallpapers, even the default (Mavericks) one is off center but re-positions itself, again which is easily notable after a kill/relaunch/of login.

Now i'm certain its all due to 10.9.4

Apple strikes Again....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 9.10.34 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 9.10.34 pm.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 631
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 9.33.45 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 9.33.45 pm.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

aggri1

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Anyone else seen the cursor disappear on 10.9.4? It was invisible but still active, until a logout-login, whereupon it was visible once more. Not sure what made it disappear. MacBook Pro 15", 2011.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
This keeps happening to me on my cMBP. Must be a 10.9.4 thing.

Perhaps it's a "10.9.4 thing" on some hardware -- and/or for folks who have run Terminal tweaks to customize their dock?

I say this because I am on OS X 10.9.4, on a 13" (mid 2013) MacBook Air, and I haven't experienced this at all.

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Perhaps with some hardware or for folks who have run Terminal tweaks to customize their dock? I say this because I am on OS X 10.9.4, on a 13" (mid 2013) MacBook Air, and I haven't experienced this at all, not once.

I've never run any tweaks for my dock. Maybe it just affects certain hardware configurations, or some other app is causing it.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I have to admit, almost a year later, this is the most lackluster, yet stable OS X yet. I just got off the Apple page for Mavericks because I completely forgot what was included in this "upgrade" OS. :D

dinepada

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2014
Perú
I have found another change, when you press control+shift+eject (shortcut to turn off screen) it turns off with an animation (in Mavericks it was instantaneous)

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
I have found another change, when you press control+shift+eject (shortcut to turn off screen) it turns off with an animation (in Mavericks it was instantaneous)

Are you talking about Yosemite? Because this thread is about Mavericks.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Is there anyway to "never remind me again" on this ?

You can only persephone...which keeps on nagging you...

The badge in the dock is enough to go by. I don't need to be constantly nagged to death. I'll update when i'm ready.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 11.39.53 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 11.39.53 pm.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 379

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
Is there anyway to "never remind me again" on this ?

You can only persephone...which keeps on nagging you...

The badge in the dock is enough to go by. I don't need to be constantly nagged to death. I'll update when i'm ready.

I was looking for a solution to this, but I never found anything so I just disabled checking for software updates altogether. I read these sites enough to know when an update is out so I can install it manually at my convenience.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Sometimes wireless icon is does not reflect correct status.

ie. status is (inactive) disconnected, but its actually connected. Turning off and back on fixes this issue.

Update : Can reproduce this issue every time Mac starts. (Attached)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 4.48.01 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 4.48.01 am.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
- When Apple strikes, u know its gonna be something else.

I dunno if that why in 10.9.5 they removed it from the dock so maybe people may not discover its broke but :

This happens when u attempt to open any image in Preview, but if u already start Preview, u can then open the image/file fine.

Running 10.9.5

When a user gets a "cannot delete <file> because it's in use" when its already in the trash, and the user knows very well its not in use, since there is nothing open that is using it, what can cause this ? So many times this has happened, i dunno why simple things just aren't so simple.

When the user clicks "X" cancel, that mean halt all operation imminently, not wait till you decide so as to not cause data lose..

Thus the result of error.

Apple thinks it does users a favor, when in actual fact, they don't.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 11.32.56 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 11.32.56 pm.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Sometimes wireless icon is does not reflect correct status.

ie. status is (inactive) disconnected, but its actually connected. Turning off and back on fixes this issue.

Update : Can reproduce this issue every time Mac starts. (Attached)

This doesn't happen on mine, or any system I administrate (which is many.) Try rebuilding your disk permissions, it may help.

I dunno if that why in 10.9.5 they removed it from the dock so maybe people may not discover its broke but :

This happens when u attempt to open any image in Preview, but if u already start Preview, u can then open the image/file fine.

Not on my system, it doesn't. Also on 10.9.5. And no, they didn't remove it from the dock "so maybe people may not discover its broke." If it was broken, they'd fix it. And it's not broken System-wide, there would be lots more reports of that BIG BUG. There's something wrong with your system.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Notes app...

I've been using this more and more over TextEdit, for the odd note, jointing things down..... Pen & Paper is old skool....

However, not sure if it's recent, but in Notes type asterisks * (not the word), followed by a space, and u get a bullet point..

Press Tab, and it changes. :)

Also, the same happens if you type two dashes, then the equals sign.

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Another thing here is regarding notes, it automatically removes a new note if left blank...

Maye Apple decides it was making it "easy" for users ??

Add to the fact dragging and dropping across the OS in general, even say between notes, doesn't always work, but between mail message, it does.

What about a word here call "consistency?"

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Gmal (offline) SMTP issue

This druves me nuts in Mavericks, even the latest update to Mavericks didn't fix it.. Gamil reports in Accounts, it moves to Offline, and when u Edit smtp settings, you see Mail lost the password...

Workaround is either to remove keychain (which it stays there) and re-add, or better solution would be remove, and re-add account. Since if you only remove smtp entry from keychain mail gets confused.

Apple suggests only "fix" is upgrade to Yosemite, since its permanently fix..

re-adding mail accounts in mail is file, till it happens again, that is.

However, there are bugs in 10.10, i just can not get by screen sharing which i use 99% of the time looses wi fi connectivity, so i would say that is more of a problem...

But each to their own. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.