Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tito2020

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
The US will be a third-world country soon enough thanks to that orange thing some dare call a president, so why leave when I can soon experience it here?
But yet your loving that 3rd world country you call it's money and freedom.
[doublepost=1567530500][/doublepost]
The US will be a third-world country soon enough thanks to that orange thing some dare call a president, so why leave when I can soon experience it here?
You mad because your profits of ripping people off are coming to an end.

Reactions: PC_tech

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
We don't advocate for free healthcare for illegal immigrants. We want free healthcare for American citizens. And we won't mind paying higher taxes if we wind up saving thousands in the end because of Medicare For All.

Stop watching Fox News. They are LYING TO YOU, just like our pathological liar of a president.
[doublepost=1567357714][/doublepost]

iPad storage has gone up and prices have gone down.

View attachment 855662
I really do feel sorry for you. True, sympathy.

And I don't watch Fox News. I don't watch any of the lying disgusting manipulative crap on any of acronym fraud networks.

Muzzakus

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Just a joke or contaminated by the detailed knowledge of Fox News?
I’m not American and don’t watch Fox News or CNN etc. But I’m into private equity investment and can tell you categorically that tariffs are a mechanism for directing flow of capital between nations.

Interesting to see the news is somehow a benchmark for dictating people’s worldview.

Reactions: PC_tech

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
If you are self employed, a contractor, retired, work for a company that decides not to cover, Or unable to work for any reason you are not covered.

Canada covers every single citizen from before birth to grave, no matter their income or work situation. That is incredibly valuable.

As for the claim that they are no benefit when you are healthy? That isn’t true. Other posters have talked to check ups and more which benefit heathy people. One not mentioned yet is Canada’s programs also give parents 18 months payed time off (and their jobs back after) for parental care for new babies and adoptions. That offering is enforced at the federal level. Once again, incredibly valuable to the health of baby and parents alike. The equivalent USA offering is between 0 and 12 weeks of unpaid time.

Here is a better breakdown to show costs per country
View attachment 855636

Ok 5K difference? Most Canadians pay more than 5K more in taxes alone than the average American. Thanks for proving my point. We have a substantially higher cost of goods and make approximately the same average wage.

It’s one parent at time that can take that and it’s 33% of there salary. 55% if they only take one year and this only benefits people who have kids not all Canadians. You can only claim a max of 53k of your salary so like 28k. That’s not a life altering amount over a persons life time. And you still loose at least 30-40% of that to income tax.

Last edited:

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Ok 5K difference? Most Canadians pay more than 5K more in taxes alone than the average American. Thanks for proving my point. We have a substantially higher cost of goods and make approximately the same average wage.

It’s one parent at time that can take that and it’s 33% of there salary. 55% if they only take one year and this only benefits people who have kids not all Canadians. Let’s say someone makes 50k-100k it’s like 25k-50k. That’s not a life altering amount over a persons life time. And you still loose at least 30-40% of that to income tax.

Canada is not cheap. I spent a week there last month. One works more and harder to get paid a little more in order to pay more. This is where ASIA comes out on top as it costs less to live there. Depending on which Asian country that is but overall your basic overhead expenses are far lower

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.