Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToukoH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
upload_2019-9-16_23-18-29.jpeg
upload_2019-9-16_23-18-29.jpeg

Hi folks!

I found this poster from my friend’s attic and he sold it to me for 50$. I searched through the internet and found similar posters from 60$ to 4000$. In the back poster says ”printed in Belgium”. Can you say from the picture is this real or fake?

Thank you very much!

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
other than yr image not having any "Macintosh" or "apple colored logo as is on the original", and all colours on yrs not being even being close to the original colours, and the paper of yours not being the same as the original paper, its a bit difficult to tell.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
I don't think it's an original.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I have an original. I also have the YUM! original, and several macOS launch posters. Unfortunately, most of them have been folded and have pretty bad creases in them. I wouldn't sell them though, I appreciate the pieces of history more than a few hundred bucks each (or even a few thousand).

The Picasso Macintosh poster is one of the easiest pieces of art to completely rip off. I remember re-creating it when I was learning the original Adobe Illustrator. Simple lines, solid colors and shapes make this artwork easily copied. And quite frankly, most of the copies look nicer than the original.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.