Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Yeah, the Broncos are off to a similar start this year. 3 games in, 0 sacks, -4 turnovers, haven't scored more than 16 points in a game. Ugh.

I don't feel bad for you, at least you guys have had some recent success and a superbowl. :p:p:p

BayouTiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
New Orleans
I got a kick out of his post arriving in Miami with his Rolls and jet in the picture. I've got $20 says he is one of the NFL vets that is broke before he's 40.

Reactions: ucfgrad93

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Even though my Browns have been very uneven so far, I enjoyed the hell out of seeing them return to Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Football after what seemed like forever.

And the bonus was SNF going back to the old theme song, "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night". There seems to have been some legal trouble over the previous song, "Game On", and it's just as well. It wasn't nearly as good.

I don't know if anybody else gets pumped watching these intros, but I do. "Waiting All Day" rocks. (As did the original Joan Jett song.)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Even though my Browns have been very uneven so far, I enjoyed the hell out of seeing them return to Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Football after what seemed like forever.

And the bonus was SNF going back to the old theme song, "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night". There seems to have been some legal trouble over the previous song, "Game On", and it's just as well. It wasn't nearly as good.

I don't know if anybody else gets pumped watching these intros, but I do. "Waiting All Day" rocks. (As did the original Joan Jett song.)

Holy cow, the Browns crushed the Ravens today! Congrats.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
The Chiefs may have won the game, but they might have lost the season tonight.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
That...was...surreal.

When Garrett late-tackled Mason Rudolph, I was like, "OK, that's really stupid. That's a flag, probably a fine, maybe even an ejection."

Then came the scuffle on the ground, and I remember thinking, "Really? The game's out of reach, there's seconds left...and you're doing this?"

And then came the helmet swing: "Oh my god, are you kidding?"

Garrett's lucky he didn't try to hit Rudolph with the crown of the helmet instead of the open part. We could have all been witnesses to a live homicide last night.

But...now that the punishments have come down, I have to ask:

What about Rudolph?

I mean, you're a QB. You're going to get the occasional brutal late hit, and the thing to do is stay down and let the tackler get a flag and possibly thrown out of the game.

What you don't do is escalate it by trying to tear off Garrett's helmet.

And after Garrett tore off Rudolph's, the thing to do would have been to back off. What you also don't do is charge the guy you've angered and who is now carrying a large, hard object like your helmet.

Not making any excuses for Myles Garrett. That was disgraceful. He got what he deserved, and so did Pouncey and Ogunjobi. But Mason Rudolph had two chances to not escalate the situation, and instead he kept it going.

I was surprised last night when he wasn't one of the ejected players as well, and I'm surprised today that there's no fine for him, no one-game suspension...nothing.

I suppose you have to actually kick, punch or otherwise hit another player to earn that kind of league punishment. It just doesn't seem right, though, that Rudolph gets to walk away as if he didn't willingly play a part in keeping that brawl going.

Edit: Guess I’m not the only one who felt that way.

Mason Rudolph avoids suspension in Myles Garrett incident, leaving some NFL fans upset

To be clear, I think everyone else got the punishment they deserved.

I will say one thing in Ridolph’s defense: he was understandably frustrated. I went back and watched the end of the game, and he got taken to the ground on three successive plays, by Larry Ogunjobi, Joe Schobert, and then Myles Garrett. I can understand why his adrenaline was pumping.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.