Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Probably just as good... I saw a stat the other day where the Patriots record against non AFC East opponents is actually better than against AFC East opponents over their 10 year run. They've just been beating everyone pretty much.
What is it with East Coast teams though? Giants, Jets, Redskins...embarrassingly bad.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Probably just as good... I saw a stat the other day where the Patriots record against non AFC East opponents is actually better than against AFC East opponents over their 10 year run. They've just been beating everyone pretty much.
I'm sure some folks have noticed that the Patriots are a bad warm weather team. Put them in the Florida division with Jacksonville, Miami and Tampa Bay.:p Even when they usually sweep the Jets and Bills, the Patriots seldom sweep the Dolphins because Miami.

It's gonna be 75° F in Houston this Sunday. I'm expecting a Patriot loss.:cool: But they're playing at night so it might cool down to 70°.:(

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Few things:

1.] Minnesota completely blew that Monday night game when they could’ve won, and Seattle just exploded within like a 10 minute span of adding touchdowns and capitalizing on Minnesota’s mistakes.

2.] When is Jerry Jones going to realize that Jason Garrett is not going to win you a championship season after season of embarrassing losses? Hey Jerry, either retire or fire Jason Garrett. 😁

3.] Surprising loss for the Patriots, even though they almost made a comeback. [Side note: Julian Edelman is incredibly talented.]

4.] Packers keep getting ‘talked about’, but their season hasn’t really been that difficult with the exception of San Francisco and the Chargers beating them (Which ironically, is two of their three losses.) Most the teams they have played have terrible records, with the exception of Minnesota coming in a few weeks.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Few things:

1.] Minnesota completely blew that Monday night game when they could’ve won, and Seattle just exploded within like a 10 minute span of adding touchdowns and capitalizing on Minnesota’s mistakes.

2.] When is Jerry Jones going to realize that Jason Garrett is not going to win you a championship season after season of embarrassing losses? Hey Jerry, either retire or fire Jason Garrett. ?

3.] Surprising loss for the Patriots, even though they almost made a comeback. [Side note: Julian Edelman is incredibly talented.]

4.] Packers keep getting ‘talked about’, but their season hasn’t really been that difficult with the exception of San Francisco and the Chargers beating them (Which ironically, is two of their three losses.) Most the teams they have played have terrible records, with the exception of Minnesota coming in a few weeks.

1) Really well played game by both teams. Seattle always has a knack of pulling out these close games with Russell Wilson at the helm. That's why having a really good franchise QB is huuuuuge in this league

2) Jason Garrett has some compromising pictures of Jerry Jones which involve young girls and drugs. Therefore Jason will leave on his own terms and a nice payout will be involved.... These pics that were released a few years ago when Jason was on the hot seat were just a small harmless taste:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/06/article-2717451-204BBD2800000578-760_634x515.jpg

3) Not surprised at all by the Patriots loss, their offense has looked horrible for a few weeks now, and the defense + Belichick's great coaching has been carrying them to victories. When facing a team that could put up a decent amount of points on them they get exposed... I don't know how much of it is Brady finally starting to decline or the bad skill position players and OL they have

4) Packers are playing well... Their defense has been really good.... strength of schedule and quality of opponents doesn't really mean much in this league, you have to bring it every week. If you look around most games come down to one score and are usually close at the end no matter the disparity between the 2 teams.

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Drew Brees threw 5 touchdown passes today yet the Saints lost. At home. After today it’s possible there will be two teams at 11-2 in the same division. One of San Francisco’s two losses was to Seattle at home. Their last game of the regular season is at Seattle. Boy will that be a game to watch. ?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Welcome to the NFL, Drew Lock! First QB in NFL history to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in his first road start.

Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come from the Broncos.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't know what to think about the Seahawks. It always seems like they are losing then make a comeback every time.

Odd.

Yeah, well, your post didn’t age well.😁 I don’t think anyone expected the Seahawks to get pummeled by the Rams. I’m assuming quite a few people lost money on that game last night.😁

But still, you can’t underestimate the Seahawks potential, especially with a such a talented quarterback with Wilson.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I love how they were booing the team at halftime. Good lord you can't handle the 18 years of success that now that the ride is almost over everyone is pissed.

It’s going to get pretty ugly up there once things start going south. It’s tough to adjust to losing after so much success.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
I love how they were booing the team at halftime. Good lord you can't handle the 18 years of success that now that the ride is almost over everyone is pissed.
Bandwagon fans.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: This is why I have no respect for Patriot fans, except for a few whom I know to be true fans.

I see hordes of them being Ravens fans next year. That's the only upside to being a bandwagon fan: your team is always winning.:p

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
Amazing. It’s not like this Chiefs are a bad team.

Yea, I don’t understand the booing. Been an odd year at receiver for them and Brady isn’t good enough anymore to do it patchwork. I’ve gotten to see them win six super bowls so I can’t complain. The Ravens and Chiefs are more balanced teams this year and have a better chance to make a deep run into the playoffs. Can’t bank your playoff hopes on blocked punts... not sure how I feel about them possibly letting Brady retire from another team though.. I don’t think the struggles are his fault.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The Giants v.s. Eagles game was worth the watch. O.T and Carson Wentz was incredible. He doesn’t receive enough credit for how clutch he is. Aaron Rodgers is talked about being the best quarterback in the NFL currently, but I would put Carson Wentz as one of the most underrated quarterbacks that plays on another level under pressure. Outstanding game.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Seahawks own the top seed in the NFC. All they have to do is win their last 2 games, both at home.

It's crazy how the 49ers could be playing 1 game for either the top seed or the 6th seed lol. The NFC is crazy competitive this year... I can't wait for those playoff games, I think they are going to be the best in a long time this year.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Since we are getting close... anyone care to pick who they think will take it all or who will be in the big game...

I am thinking Ravens vs Saints... even thought the Saints lost to the 49ers, I have a feeling if they meet again, the outcome will be a little different.

Since we are getting close... anyone care to pick who they think will take it all or who will be in the big game...

I am thinking Ravens vs Saints... even thought the Saints lost to the 49ers, I have a feeling if they meet again, the outcome will be a little different.
I agree on the Ravens, and in fact, I expect them to win it all. But assuming the Seahawks continue to retain the top seed in the NFC, if the Saints remain behind the Packers as the third seed, they would have to play on Wild Card weekend, while the Seahawks and Packers rest.

Assuming the Saints win (a good bet), they would next play the Packers, which will be a real tough game in cold, frigid Green Bay. If they win, and the Hawks win their home game, the NFC Championship game would be in Seattle, and again the Seahawks will definitely have the advantage.

I'm not saying this just because I live very close to Seattle, but it's just common sense. But yeah, the NFL is crazy! As my father told me a long, long time ago, "On any given day, the worst team in the NFL can beat the best". That remains true, even today!

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I think the Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC, but I never count out the Patriots.

In the NFC it comes down to the Saints, Seahawks, Packers, or 49ers. I would only be surprised if someone else wins it.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
My money is on Seahawks/Ravens SB with the 'Hawks winning. I trust Wilson's QB style more than Jackson's and the 'Hawks have an edge on D. Jackson is looking to run too much. I don't want my QB taking that risk, especially against a good D.

I would love my Saints/Texans SB, but I don't envision my Texans making it pass the Divisional round. I'm rooting for the Saints because I'm a Breezus fan.:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.