Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Receiving another "403 Error" message in the private section just now.

This "403 Error" message does not admit me to the post, nor does it allow me to edit the post (which became a double post, as the system was hanging, and stalling and freezing, hence, I pressed "post reply" a second time).

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I also just received a “403 forbidden” error when attempting to edit a post.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
What section of the forum was this in?

In my experience, some parts of the forum are more prone to this, and also, certain times of the day can be, as well.

Interesting. It was in the MacBook Pro forum. I get the error if I try to edit a post, or tap on a member name. No issues in this forum.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Just got a 403 trying to "unwatch" a thread...

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 10.28.49 PM.png

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Had a couple as I attempted to read my notifications.

That is one of the two places I tend to receive them as well - the other tends to happen if I try to edit a post in the 'private' section.

But, I'll wager that you receive that when viewing notifications when you are in the 'private' section of the forum.

In my experience, this doesn't happen anywhere as much in the rest of the forum.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just got a full page - white background - 503 Error message - a few times over the past few minutes, when I attempted to access the forums - stating that "the server was busy".

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have noticed that the "403 Error Message" is especially pronounced in the "Let's Have A Drunk! What Are You Having?" thread in the "private" section of the forum.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
What version of Xenforo are we on now? I looked around to get some indication but didn't see that information anywhere. I know there is version 2.x. now.......and am curious as to whether or not we are still on v.1.xxxx. or have shifted to v. 2.x by now? It may be that some of these issues are related to a need to be updated?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Thanks, Arn and Weaselboy! :) What had prompted my question is that another site in which I participate is making the switch tomorrow and Saturday to Xenforo 2.1. I'll let you guys know how that goes and the impact of some of the changes from the sidelines and user perspective, as apparently there are some features and functions which will be different, either modified or eliminated along with of course new ones added.

Reactions: Weaselboy

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I've been on Nikon Cafe several times today and the new Xenforo version 2.X is pretty cool! Definitely some changes made there in functionality and features, but it seems to be really workable and user-friendly for the most part. There will be a learning curve for members in the beginning as everyone finds his or her way around, but not too steep..... And, yes, I would guess that there will be an improvement in stability. There are still some add-ons that we had there previously which need to be configured and put back into that site, and some may not be possible to use any more. I don't know, I'm not an admin or a mod there and don't know the workings "under the hood". Anyway, I think it will be quite nice on here when Arn and team make the switch and install it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.