Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just received a "403 Error" message in the private section of the forum - "Let's Have A Drunk" - where they often, very frequently, do appear.

However, was most surprised to receive a "503 Error" message while in the middle of composing a reply in the "community section" of the forum, specifically, the "what are you listening to today?" thread.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
I haven't seen one of these errors in months. I'm not too knowledgable on XenForo but I wonder if these errors are coming up are frequently in those image heavy threads.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I haven't seen one of these errors in months. I'm not too knowledgable on XenForo but I wonder if these errors are coming up are frequently in those image heavy threads.

Possibly, but the "Let's Have A Drunk" thread - where a great many error messages tend to put in an appearance - rarely - despite the thread title - features any images.

Granted, there are image heavy threads, some of which are slow to load, but - in my experience - they are not the major culprits when the matter under discussion is - or are - the error messages.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
More "403 Error" messages appearing in the "Let's Have A Drunk" thread of the private section of the forum.

This again, as it has appeared a number of times in the "Let's Have A Drunk" thread in the private section of the forum.

For some reason, this is where the Error 403 message appears - or seems to appear - most frequently.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
This again, as it has appeared a number of times in the "Let's Have A Drunk" thread in the private section of the forum.

For some reason, this is where the Error 403 message appears - or seems to appear - most frequently.

Again, the "403 Error" message has appeared at least twice today in that particular thread - "Let's Have A Drunk" in the private section of the forum.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just received my first 503 notification since we crossed over to the new version. I was hoping they would be a thing of the past.

It was whilst selecting new posts from the what are you listening to thread.

I, too, would have hoped that they might have been an element, or feature, or the previous system; they were especially prevalent in the "What Have You Drunk Today?" in the private section of the forum.

Very well; I shall keep my eyes open, and shall report them when I come across them.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just received - across the full screen - a "503 Server Busy - Try Again Later" message when I attempted to access the "Community Forums" section of the forum.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just now, having started a new thread, (in the "current affairs" section), I have received a notification that read: "503 Service Unavailable" and, in letters of in a smaller font, it continued "The server is temporarily busy, try again, later!"

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Actually, the forums then went completely down for a few minutes - the server couldn't be reached at all; I checked my internet connection - and shut it down once - but that wasn't the issue; it was MR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.