Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealDeal

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2004
Not so easy it seems..

He took many swings with a bat on the side to crack the case, yet leave the innards intact, until giving up on the rugged frame and going directly for the electronics--more than a minute later- if only my PC were as rugged....

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Remind me to use my Mac as a shield against any crazy guy with a bat.

I can understand doing this with something like a pre-PPC Mac, but a G4? What a waste...

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Pfft, what a pansy.

The guy has no guts to smash up a 17" PB after I challenged him to it, what a *****.

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
i wish i lived in america that show rocks

the main guy stars in:

the broken
systm
dignation

there all free shows on the net

PS dignation has the guy that killed the mac in it :p

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
that guy is quite weak, either that, or the g4 tower is quite durable. if i do that to my alluminum pc which i use rarely right now, one swipe at the side panel will dent it so much that the cpu fan will be damaged.

the g4 in this video withstood major damage. they just accidentally showed the superiority and quality of a g4 tower. these pantsies are just bunch of crybabies who vent their anger and fustration from trying to fix, diagnose, and build pcs onto smashing mac cases only crybabies have tandrums. especially pc users like that idiot.

chaosbunny

macrumors 68020
Shows like this where any kind of equipment is destroyed are just too stupid/simple/idiot/lack of words to describe such primitive waste of material. Come on, some poor family who do not have the money to buy a computer could have had great fun with this G4. But showing the guy giving the computer to some poor family wouldn't make the audience laugh.

Reminds me of the most idiotic show I once saw. People had to bet some equipment of theirs in a game. If they win they'll get a newer, better and more expensive product than they had before. If they lose their product is destroyed. One time they visited a rather poor old lady who had an old black and white TV. They made here bet this thing and guess what they played, some kind of skill play that required precise movement of arms and fingers. She had no chance at all. And when they destroyed the TV she probably owned for more than 30 years she was crying. Great TV entertainement! What's next? Destroying some wheelchairs of handicaped people would probably be good for some laughs?

:(

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
GUYS GUYS you need to see the rest of it, they were PROVING how STRONG the g4 case is, hence they said it was cheating when he opened the side of it

this was not just some stupid waste, they guys that run the show actually own macs and use them

Morn

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
That was rather fun... come on it's just a computer there are millions like it.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
semaja2 said:
i wish i lived in america that show rocks

the main guy stars in:

the broken
systm
dignation

there all free shows on the net

PS dignation has the guy that killed the mac in it :p
Correction: it USED to rock. Then Comcrap bought TechTV because their channel (G4) was getting killed by it, changed the lineup, fired Leo Laporte and replaced him with that dumbass who smashed the Mac. When you can't beat them, buy them, apparently.

GUYS GUYS you need to see the rest of it, they were PROVING how STRONG the g4 case is, hence they said it was cheating when he opened the side of it

this was not just some stupid waste, they guys that run the show actually own macs and use them
if I remember correctly, there was a bet. If Kevin (the guy who kept the case closed) lost, the other dude (henceforth: douchebag) got to smash a Mac. If douchebag lost, Kevin got to smash a PC.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Only watched it once but it seemed to have everything except the mobo taken out....

I couldn't see any pci cards, ram, hd, processor seemed to be missing too...

not even sure if it was an apple mobo :)

so basically they smashed up a very old g4 chassis and that's it... :)

John Ive might be crying but you other fans can relax

.. RedTomato ..

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I bet you the thing would still run (before he opened up the case and smashed the mobo).

And if they really had the minerals, they would have done it to a quad.

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
RealDeal said:
He took many swings with a bat on the side to crack the case, yet leave the innards intact, until giving up on the rugged frame and going directly for the electronics--more than a minute later- if only my PC were as rugged....

Amen. The "G4 durability test" (as I call this video) seems to have gone rather succesfullly for Apple... perhaps they should sell some to the Army... :p

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
We already have a couple threads on this video. The guy who did it is Alex Albrecht and he knows works for Revision3.

In Alex's defense, whom I've grown to like, he has since bought a Dual 2GHz G5. So he doesn't really hate macs anymore.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.