Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

in2tech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Just received battery from our extended warranty company, not AppleCare, to replace my battery with this brand NEW A1377. Is this the correct battery? It called for an A1466 originally if I am not mistaken. Want to make sure before I install it.

Thanks

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
I would make sure you get the correct battery for your computer. Just because it fits doesn't mean it will work properly and who knows what other issues could arise regarding heat, etc.

in2tech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Thanks, yeah I found that also. Put new battery A1377 in last night everything was working fine following the MacSales instructions on YouTube about conditioning battery till the last step after draining battery for 5 hours. Plugged up this morning and stuck on 1% charge after a few hours of MagSafe charger being connected. Had to leave house will try unplugging and reseating the MagSafe, if that doesn’t work reset the SMC I think it is called. If nothing works properly call extended warranty company. I’ll report back later.

in2tech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
So the first battery initially worked until I did the whole charge for till charger turns green wait 2 hours, then when I did the drain for 5 hours until battery completely drains, according to some articles and videos, and it never recognized the battery after that. So the extended warranty company just sent a NEW one of the A1377, put it in and at first it wouldn't show charging as it never turned from Amber to Green after a few hours. So I tried powering it on and would only hear 3 beeps but it would never boot up, just keep beeping 3 times. To my surprise when I unplugged the charger it would boot up on battery. But when I plugged the Macsafe cord back in nothing. By searching it said do the PRAM thing and after a few tries, it APPEARS to be working correctly but only a day or two will tell. BTW, why IF a Macbook Air battery completely drains would it not recharge? I have iPhones and iPads that have discharged all the way, but plugging them back up to the charger, makes them charge again and work fine. Only time will tell if it is going to work properly or not. And how does a MacBook Air battery go into a DEEP sleep when I other devices do not?

Thanks for any help on this issue!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.