Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irideti

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Both my wife and I traded in X for 11 last weekend. Both phones were restored from iTunes backup. Both phones are running latest iOS. We both noticed something different while trying to send each other pictures via AirDrop earlier today. The AirDrop screen on my wife's iPhone shows my name (John Smith) under People. However when she clicks John Smith, my phone won't respond. But under Other People, my device's name, John Smith's iPhone shows up. When she clicks that, my phone responds rights the way. Her phone is doing exactly the same thing. Can only tell me what's going on here? Thanks.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
hopefully both you and her have iCloud as yr default contacts place.
then check to make sure that in Contacts on your phone and on in her Contacts on her phone that you both have the identical contact for you. (actually best to just easily can delete on both yr phones the contact for you, the current one, and then re-create it on your phone, then choose that contact on yr phone to be your contact, and then air drop or email that same contact to her. she places that contact in her iCloud accessible contacts
that might work without logging out of and then logging back into iCloud, but, if it doesn't still work, she will probably then need to log out of iCloud and back into iCloud.
this process has fixed Air Drop problems for me before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.