Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tart8723

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
Quite a good deal at a Discounted price. Planning to get apple care too in case the battery dies out. Worth the purchase now?

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
If EarPods fit then AirPods should too. They are great for every day use. For me, the short coming is poor passive noise isolation in noisy places . That being said, I love mine. with the Black Friday deals I say go for it. I would probably pass on AppleCare as my Gen 1 and Gen 2 have been problem free.

Reactions: Glideslope

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I would probably pass on AppleCare as my Gen 1 and Gen 2 have been problem free.

My Gen 1s have been problem free but after 2 years and 3 months are definitely showing their age. Battery life of one is about 1 1/2h and the other only 1h at a push. After a short metro journey to work, they will have drained so far but so differently that the battery widget lists them each individually. I would have loved the opportunity to 'accidentally' damage them a few months ago and have them work perfectly for the next couple of years.

Tart8723

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2019
Got it just now before my gym session! Couldn’t resist the temptation! Love how well they fit. The only thing is if the battery could have been longer, it’d be even better!

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2019
I got the airpods 2 a few weeks ago since I dont like silicon tips and dont want to pay an extra $100. Been amazing. I can run with them and they dont fall out. I wish there was noise cancelling but it is what it is

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I really don’t like silicone tips so I’ve stuck with my AirPods 2. I had the first gen for 2 years and then upgraded to the 2nd gen when they came out. I don’t mind paying the extra £100 and wouldn’t mind the noise cancellation but historically I’ve always struggled with silicone tips. My AirPods are so comfortable too.

NiCk-

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Had the 1st gen AirPods and sold them a few weeks before the AirPods Pro came out because I had felt that I wanted something "better". Bought the AirPods Pro but even though I wanted to love them, I simply couldn't get used to the silicon tips and the noise cancellation was causing me a headache.

In the end, I returned the AirPods Pro and bought the 2nd gen AirPods at a discounted price. Couldn't be happier !

TomO49

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2019
Finksburg, Maryland
I had purchased the AirPods 2 then the following day Apple announced the AirPods Pro. I returned the AirPods 2 and purchased the Pros for the noice canceling. I love everything about them except the battery life. I also have the Sony 1000X. Sony has better battery life and does a better job for canceling noise when riding the lawn tractor; but, Apple wins on comfort and the noise cancellation is very good in most cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.