Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I like it for the keychain factor so I don’t lose them.
This. I always attach it to my keychain. I also like the texture they add. I find when they aren’t in a silicone sleeve they fall right out of gym short. The case adds some texture i feel
[automerge]1572294246[/automerge]

Reactions: mbhforum

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
This is a serious question and not posting jest at those with OCD (I generally have it with my iPhone having to be in pristine condition), but are cases really needed for AirPods cases?

I bought a case for my airpods case not to protect the case but for grip. Once you add a case to the airpods, holy **** they are so easy to hold. I usually keep them in my discing bag or my hoodie so the sliding in and out of a pocket isnt a problem for me but if I wore jeans, having a grippy case would be a pain.

Pepe4life

Suspended
Nov 15, 2018
I love the incase ones Apple sell at their stores, hopefully they make one for the AirPods pro!

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
You know i thought I didn’t need a case, but I put one anyways. I dropped mine and lost it for 5 days in dirt. My cheap-o silicone case protected my AirPods. No dirt got in and my AirPods survived the 5 days. It still works! So yes I would recommend getting a case.

Reactions: Breezygirl

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I got the ESR case and not a huge fan of it. The key hook is rather large to keep in my pocket and the silicon seems flimsy. This will be temporary until better ones come out.
705a7e66646672b56d9d7ad08361f2db.jpg

Reactions: johnyslats

kazz063

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
A case for a case? How is there even a market for that?

I use a case so that I can clip it to the zip for the inside pocket in my handbag, makes it easier to find and I don't lose them.

I bought a cheap silicone case off ebay this morning to tide me over until Twelve South bring out theirs, I have their black leather one for the non pro's.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Cases for AirPods are very popular in Asia. I got one mainly for the cute cartoon characters, but protecting the white plastic from scratching is more important cause I always throw it in my backpack and it would be easily scuffed up.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 396

AXone1814

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2018
I use a case so that I can clip it to the zip for the inside pocket in my handbag, makes it easier to find and I don't lose them.

I bought a cheap silicone case off ebay this morning to tide me over until Twelve South bring out theirs, I have their black leather one for the non pro's.
Fair enough, perhaps they should be called skins or something instead. Marketing a case for a case just comes across as unintentionally hilarious! After my previous post I can now see the appeal for ones with clips or better grip.

Reactions: Ntombi

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
I got the ESR case and not a huge fan of it. The key hook is rather large to keep in my pocket and the silicon seems flimsy. This will be temporary until better ones come out.
705a7e66646672b56d9d7ad08361f2db.jpg

Thank you for saving me $10.

macdmc

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2019
I picked up the white version of the ESR case, it’s going back. A bit too thick as previously mentioned, and there isn’t enough silicone material covering the hinge. As a result the top half regularly comes off when opening the AirPods Pro case lid.

Looking forward to other options, especially from the likes of PodSkinz, Spigen, etc.

Honestly my preference would be a fully lined sleeve/thin case, something similar to the RadTech RadSleevz they made for iPods, perhaps with a thin outer layer of silicone or leather.

Reactions: YaBoiD

HerbertDerb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017

Holy **** that boy is thiccc, i have mine ready for pickup at my local post-office. (My Airpods are coming tomorrow)

I just pre-ordered from dbrand Airpods pro - skin. "Ships november".

Probably going to end up returning that thicc boy and just wait for my dbrand skin.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Got that ESR one coming tomorrow.
It's definitely temporary until a better one is available.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Picked up the clear ESR case. Nothing better out there, so this will have to do for the meantime. It has free returns, so that’s a plus.

Reactions: JayMysterio

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
Same here...got the white ESR...It’s not great...As others mentioned, it’s thick and top cover almost falls off when you open the case. I’ll keep it for now since nothing else is available. In my experience, the better ones are two piece. One that covers the bottom and a separate piece for the lid. That way, they don’t come into contact with each other when you open the case...and there isn’t that spongy loop sticking out the back, that depending on how big that is, can cause wireless charging issues...

kenni417

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2019
Ontario, Canada
i hope LAUT comes out with theirs soon. i have the IMPKT case for my gen 2 AirPods and its incredible. also hoping spigen comes out with their tough armour cases as well very soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.