Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2003
CA
I tend to buy cute/nerdy for things like this.

this time due to the lack of good choices i went with a Pokeball case, but i won't have it for a about a week ( thanks china :/ )
Airpods-3-airpods-pro-Cartoon-Pokeball-Cute-Poke-Ball-Cover-For-Apple-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset-Airpods.jpg

now all i need to level up in my nerdiness is for dbrand or slickwraps etc/someone to make a vinyl wrap so i can complete the look and get at least close to this LOL
fDxKyns.jpg

:p??

spiderman0616

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2010

this time due to the lack of good choices i went with a Pokeball case, but i won't have it for a about a week ( thanks china :/ )
Airpods-3-airpods-pro-Cartoon-Pokeball-Cute-Poke-Ball-Cover-For-Apple-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset-Airpods.jpg

now all i need to level up in my nerdiness is for dbrand or slickwraps etc/someone to make a vinyl wrap so i can complete the look and get at least close to this LOL
fDxKyns.jpg

OMG, I love that. I almost ordered one that looked like a little mini Nintendo Switch, but decided not to.

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
That's very cute. Keep us posted once you get it.

fDxKyns.jpg

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Any good skins? I really just want something for scuff/scratch protection and to keep Jean stains off the case. Keep my AirPods in the coin/watch pocket and the edges/corners go blue after a while

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Any good skins? I really just want something for scuff/scratch protection and to keep Jean stains off the case. Keep my AirPods in the coin/watch pocket and the edges/corners go blue after a while
Best option right now that I’ve seen is dbrand but even those are not ready yet and only shipping later this month.

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
I like it for the keychain factor so I don’t lose them.

exactly...i wear scrubs at work and at the end of the day i accidentally tossed a pair of airpods that i forgot were in my scrubs, into the scrub machine....every since then i purchased one of these on amazon and i wear them on my badge lanyard at work so i can keep the airpods near when i wanna listen to music or whatever during my lunch break.

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
Good on ESR for owning up and correcting the issues with their AirPod pro cases...This was the one piece version where the top cover piece would literally pop off once you opened the case...

Attachments

• AEBEFB13-B926-4440-9779-33F8B4ECAD1B.jpeg
    AEBEFB13-B926-4440-9779-33F8B4ECAD1B.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 237

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Got the two piece ESR case and for me, the fit is good. It’s not perfect but good enough for my needs...

Where did you get the white color? I have black one from Amazon but wanted white one.

Last edited:

LLL1424

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I was able to snatch the Pokémon Ball case for the AirPods Pro that came via mail today. They fit perfectly but wireless charging is a no go. For 10 bucks, I’ll wait until the big names makes one. Pretty awesome tho !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JayMysterio

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2003
CA
I was able to snatch the Pokémon Ball case for the AirPods Pro that came via mail today. They fit perfectly but wireless charging is a no go. For 10 bucks, I’ll wait until the big names makes one. Pretty awesome tho !!!
View attachment 876306
DARN
mines still shipping, ali sellers are such a gamble when it comes to speed.

little disappointed by the lack of wireless charging, every listing i saw mentioned it still worked :(

Reactions: LLL1424

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I ended up just using my old Apple airpods case and I just put the airpods pro in sideways. It's not as convenient but it works for the time being until more case ideas come out.

1573457841259.jpeg

Reactions: Anarchy99

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA

d.b.c

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
While I wait for people to start releasing cases that actually fit I’ve discovered that my old AirPod case works nicely as a temporary stop-gap by turning the charger on it’s side and then it fits very snuggly into the old one.

Filed under better than nothing/surprisingly effective in short term....

Just to update I ordered this one and had it for a couple of days now with no issues - fits snugly and charges wirelessly with case on https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZR8XPMK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I have that one in black and it's great.
I messaged the seller on Amazon regarding the unusable ESR case. Had a reply with the offer of replacement with their Breeze Plus hingeless case, so I accepted and chose white.

But as soon as it's available in the UK I'll get one of these Spigen Tough Armor cases. Almost matches my Ringke Fusion-X case on my 11 Pro Max.
title_airpod_pro_tough_armor_blk_01.jpg detail_airpod_pro_tough_armor_blk_03_64626f16-1983-45bc-9a0e-de5c0716af6e_100x@2x.progressive.jpg

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Waiting for Incase to come out with a cloth case like they have for the Airpods 1 & 2. Until then, probably going to try the spigen.

spiderman0616

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2010
As a fallback plan in case I didn’t like the ESR, I had ordered this case in the baby blue color:

I just got it today, and it is an absolute perfect fit and thicker than the ESR case. Definitely a keeper. Only downside is no water/lint plug for the charge port. I’m thinking of cutting the flap off of my ESR and repurposing it to use with this case.

Edit: Forgot to mention yesterday--this company also sent me a free bonus case for no reason. I ordered the baby blue and they sent me another one in gray. I actually ended up liking the gray better and have attached pictures of my AirPods Pro in the gray case. Both colors fit pretty much perfectly. The site I mentioned above where you order these seems kind of janky, but they do accept Apple Pay and their shipping is fast considering that they're shipping direct from China. I had these about a week after placing my order. I know it's an un-brand that you can't even get on Amazon, but I definitely recommend these.

1573654292977.jpeg

1573654320740.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.