Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
I got this case as well. Same color. I agree. Fits well, not to thick, top lid cover doesn’t come off and the carabiner is a nice added benefit. I like it. I would recommend.
Be careful with this case. I had it on my keys and the top opened on its own and one of my AirPods came out. I had to use find my iPhone feature to find it. For my needs, I need something like a snap feature to keep it closed.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I'm not sure I'd trust any of the carabiner style ones. Hanging off of keys, a backpack, etc, I would never risk it getting bumped, the lid opens, and an AirPod is lost. Now, the teaser photo for Twelve South's Air Snap Pro looks like it might be nice! And that's the kind of case I'd be more comfortable clipping on to something.

Be careful with this case. I had it on my keys and the top opened on its own and one of my AirPods came out. I had to use find my iPhone feature to find it. For my needs, I need something like a snap feature to keep it closed.

Reactions: reebs

alamagator

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2009
So, that’s not the silicon case’s fault. That could have happened with or without the case. The lid closes just fine with the silicon case on.
Point being, the Earpod Pro opens and closes the same with or without the silicon case.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I'm not sure I'd trust any of the carabiner style ones. Hanging off of keys, a backpack, etc, I would never risk it getting bumped, the lid opens, and an AirPod is lost. Now, the teaser photo for Twelve South's Air Snap Pro looks like it might be nice! And that's the kind of case I'd be more comfortable clipping on to something.
I hadn't seen the Twelve South case before. That looks nice! For now I have the Nintendo case I found through this thread, which I like.

hesoba

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2017
Going classy.
got a brown and black leather. Just combined both

DA4BD188-842C-40A9-B22B-F2E865D30A0A.jpeg

knozturk

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2015
D63DE820-3933-437A-81F6-2701DA2B569B.jpeg
528AAC42-3ACB-4A89-9E3B-F8D917AA0D54.jpeg

Here is what I got from eBay. It is an okay case but it is a TPU case. I would like to have real carbon case for it. The lid is separate peace and it does not come off easily.

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
I just got some cheap rubber thing on eBay so I could attach a tile so I wouldn’t use it. I also got stickers for the top and bottom insides of the plastic case so they don’t get filthy

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Excited for this, but think I'll wait for more color options. Based on their gen1/2 case, I'm assuming there will be more.

Catalyst case for Airpods Pro is up for pre order. Ships out end of January though.

spiderman0616

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2010
I just received the Elago glow-in-the-dark model today and put it on my AirPods Pro a few minutes ago. As expected, it's a perfect fit and has no imperfections at all. I had this same case for my gen 1 and gen 2 AirPods and loved it for those too. It just hasn't been available yet until now.

The other case I posted about earlier in this thread was a good "for now" case, but the fit and finish just don't even come close to what Elago does. I was trying to decide if I was going to go with Elago or Spigen for my final choice, but I saw that the Spigen models require a piece of tape to keep the top on, and I am not down with that at all.

The one review on Elago's site and the one review on Amazon both say this case glows more like a green than a blue. I disagree--to my eyes it looks blue and glows identical to the other two I've owned.

spiderman0616

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2010
That Ztotop one looks like it’s coming from the same place as all the other non-brand models. I would say don’t expect it to be as nice as the way they make it look in the pictures. It will likely not fit as perfectly or look as premium.

From what I’ve been able to tell, these manufacturers use the same mold and just sell the design to different brands, so there aren’t really a whole lot, if any, differences between them. I have to still recommend the Elago one. It’s about the same price as these cheap knockoffs and is much higher quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.