Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chips2481

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Memory foam tips are available on ebay.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 5,580
Reactions: Ladyc0524 and arn

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
This picture of them shows cut outs to clip on to the AirPods. Looks a bit slapdash to me though and doesn't have the membrane that I assume is there to protect from moisture/debris.
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: DeepIn2U

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
Just ordered a set, we’ll see how they do a week from now when they come in. This is the only “memory foam” tips, the other super cheap ones are silicone.
Looking more closely at the pics, they look like they 3D printed some “APP to industry standard” adapters. That means we should be able to use appropriate sized Comply foam tips.

Last edited:

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
Why the hell isn't Apple making/selling official memory foam tips?

Man that's annoying. People would really enjoy more first party options, I'm sure of it.

Well, as much as I love foam tips, I will admit that they are higher maintenance. They need to be cleaned more frequently and they are harder to clean. Also, they may not last as long as silicone since they can easily be ripped if you aren’t careful. And they’re more finicky to mount since they often require a compress & roll routine to insert (like ear plugs).

The trade off for this “mod” is better sound. I like the much deeper bass afforded by a seal that silicone can’t match. Once you use foam tips it’s hard to go back.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Well, as much as I love foam tips, I will admit that they are higher maintenance. They need to be cleaned more frequently and they are harder to clean. Also, they may not last as long as silicone since they can easily be ripped if you aren’t careful. And they’re more finicky to mount since they often require a compress & roll routine to insert (like ear plugs).

I don't feel any of that need preclude Apple from making & selling some

Reactions: Phuz01

Danilo Soriano

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2019
Need ear Hooks for my AirPod Pro, run 3 times a week @ a fast pace and when sweat starts AirPods start to feel as that are going to fall, finally right one falled. If some one Knows where to buy them please let me know as Amazon doesn’t have then yet. Thanks :)

Reactions: Rocko99991
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.