Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Price is up to $22 now. Is the consensus that they’re worth that price?
No, they are definitely not worth that price. I bought them at $10.95 and they are being returned as they come with three bases (extra one included) that attach to the Airpods Pro and only one of the three will attach securely to the Airpods Pro.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
So, I am assuming everyone that is pleased is OK with the tips not fitting well in the case? I have found with both the medium and large tips the case is slightly ajar. I worry about the case then opening fully when in transit.

I have both large. I put them in the case, make sure they bottom out in the slots, then I use my finger to open the gap between the tips (this is where they contact the lid). Then it is easier to close and stays closed all the way.
[automerge]1574790608[/automerge]
Price is up to $22 now. Is the consensus that they’re worth that price?

I got mine cheaper, but based off of my second day of use, yes, I would pay $22.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
Waiting for Comply tips here.

The tips included are just as good as any comply tips I have ever owned. The difference is Comply wouldn't use an adapter, they would make it a one piece design, and probably charge more...

This seller simply made something like a 3D printed adapter, then uses generic memory foam tips.

Reactions: ScreenSavers

bjjp2

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
So, I am assuming everyone that is pleased is OK with the tips not fitting well in the case? I have found with both the medium and large tips the case is slightly ajar. I worry about the case then opening fully when in transit.

I've kind of mushed them in, but I just noticed today that a couple of little pieces have started to come off. Oh well.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
Anyone really think Comply will make some for the Pros? It’s a completely different design than most (all) other tips and might not be cost effective for them to make.

Replevin

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2015
I tried the medium tips. They fit in my ear fine and were more secure than the Apple tips. However, when I went to use them on day two the left airpod was not charged so I had to listen to Howard Stern in just my right ear like a caveman. ? The small tips seemed even harder to get the case closed. The ebay tips were easy enough to put on and take off but the charging issue is a deal killer for me.
[automerge]1574807549[/automerge]

Reactions: jplusc

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
Anyone really think Comply will make some for the Pros? It’s a completely different design than most (all) other tips and might not be cost effective for them to make.

I wouldn’t doubt that Comply will come out with their own tips for the APP. Just look at their recently released product for the regular Airpods.

Attachments

• B655C064-1A50-4A66-9C27-6F97B2CAB567.jpeg
    B655C064-1A50-4A66-9C27-6F97B2CAB567.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 555
Reactions: Ntombi

Firestrife

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2008
Miami
Just got mine in I just installed them very easy and simple, plugged in the small tips and fits great, way better than the silicone ones and they feel way more secure as well. They fit in the case mostly fine too.

Toratek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Comply might make something like a sleeve with an integrated tip that goes over the unit, like they did for the regular AirPods. The problem is, they won't fit in the case.

Apple painted the product into a corner with the close fit of the case lid. There will likely never be a mainstream memory foam solution with an optimal shape, as the case fit situation doesn't really allow for it. There might be something with a compromise shape, but that's kind of pointless.

Reactions: CharlesShaw

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
A quality foam tip has enough room within the dimensional constraints of the large Apple silicone tips. Any fitment issues are a sign of poor quality control. Homemade tips from eBay fit that bill.

The bigger question is if Comply can accommodate Apples proprietary mounting system and make a profit. Expecting a company to create new Tooling which only works for a single product might be risky. BUT, it does sound like Apple may sell oodles of the Pros so I’m hopeful.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Feedback is starting to come in on them and so far it's all good so what makes them not a "real" third party?

I got them a couple weeks ago and they did not help me get a good seal according to the Ear Tip Fit Test.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I got them a couple weeks ago and they did not help me get a good seal according to the Ear Tip Fit Test.
Nobody is passing that test, after the latest firmware update (I was getting a good deal, according to the test, from launch day until the day the firmware was updated) ... The real question is whether comfort, isolation/seal, and/or sound quality (particularly bass) are improved with the foam tips, compared to the stock ones.

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
I have these eBay tips in white AND black. Bought the white kit first and was very impressed with the comfort and fit so I ordered some M sized black tips.

Removing the adapters from the foam tips takes some serious patience and finger strength. I chipped one of them until I learned how to “roll” the tip off he adapter instead of pulling the adapter out of the tip.

My charging case closes with the medium tips, just gotta smash them down so the case can close.

The white tips are more of a memory foam and the black tips are harder but they still have some give to them.

Overall, both M size tips give me a better seal in my left ear and help with noise cancelling more than any of the genuine Apple tips did. Are they a bit cheesy, sure. Do I notice that when their in my ears, nope! They give a nice secure seal and I’ll love them unless Comply comes out with something better!

Reactions: FriendlyMackle

Yabadabadoo!

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2019
Or my ears!

I am experimenting. I have another post on a previous page of this thread with another attempt.The SKull Screws are made to fit over the Peltor devices. I have been using them over the small apple tips in loud conditions by pushing them into the opening and they work well but do change the sound quality. I remove them to charge. I have some Comply Pro screw on type that I am going to try next with these (Comply sound tube adapter) modified and fastened to the base of a small set of modified Apple tips (Like in my previous post). That will make it easy to remove to charge and keep them from falling off in the ear canal. Comply are you listening? Pun intended;

iu.jpeg

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I am experimenting. I have another post on a previous page of this thread with another attempt.The SKull Screws are made to fit over the Peltor devices. I have been using them over the small apple tips in loud conditions by pushing them into the opening and they work well but do change the sound quality. I remove them to charge. I have some Comply Pro screw on type that I am going to try next with these (Comply sound tube adapter) modified and fastened to the base of a small set of modified Apple tips (Like in my previous post). That will make it easy to remove to charge and keep them from falling off in the ear canal. Comply are you listening? Pun intended;

View attachment 880415
What the?

Reactions: Yabadabadoo!

Yabadabadoo!

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2019
Progress

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 389
  • 90182E84-B3C6-44A2-A5AF-A2F6341AD162_1_105_c.jpeg
    90182E84-B3C6-44A2-A5AF-A2F6341AD162_1_105_c.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 330
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.