Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
Thanks for info I know I can do that. But my main question was if it’s solved via updates?

It provided a big improvement but it not solved at all. In other terms: red marks pops A lot more less than before but they’re not gone for good.

if I were you I’ll wait a bit for the update: many users have reported problems with the ANC along with the last update.

the version you have carries on just a “glitch” issue.

Reactions: ParaShot

ParaShot

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2016
Ankara, Turkey
It provided a big improvement but it not solved at all. In other terms: red marks pops A lot more less than before but they’re not gone for good.

if I were you I’ll wait a bit for the update: many users have reported problems with the ANC along with the last update.

the version you have carries on just a “glitch” issue.
So I shouldn’t update them? But whener I put them to charge it will automatically so I guess I have no choice. Hope it’ll not happen for me with ANC.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I just got mine yesterday. I have the same issue. I haven’t charged it yet so I don’t know if it’s updated? How do I update them? Just plug in and let it do itself?
Yes
[automerge]1575642787[/automerge]
So I shouldn’t update them? But whener I put them to charge it will automatically so I guess I have no choice. Hope it’ll not happen for me with ANC.
The update will not degrade ANC. Just let it happen.

ParaShot

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2016
Ankara, Turkey
I’m still suprised by the fact that Apple haven’t done anything about it. iOS13 bugs and now this. This year Software is not as strong as it’s before. :/

icloudUser

macrumors regular
May 20, 2019
If you'd read my post, it was not a CSR who said "hardware" problems. It was a genius bar tech guy who later mentioned "10 years experience". If someone here can debate that, other than "genius bar folks are idiots", please let us know how/why.

It's a hardware/firmware issue, period. I get the same exact error with my iPad. That alone should point to hardware. This same issues happen with AP Gen. 2.

And again, it's MORE than just dancing exclamations. There ARE connectivity issues as was confirmed with mine (and others) experience. It's a known issue.

What's perplexing is the randomness of the problem. Not everyone has it, and I only get it occasionally. I'd imagine this makes it very difficult to diagnose.

A replacement under warranty is arranged for mine by Apple. Weird issues with the right bud.
I think the charge connectors/pins in the case are the culprits. They dont make a good contact with the airpods (pro). I noticed i needed to adjust them a bit while putting them back in the case. You can verify if they are charging or not on the phone battery widget for brief period

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012

yes i won’t upgrade.
For do not proceed with the upgrade just charge your pods with the iphone far from them or with the BT off.

the APP don’t obviously download the firmware by themselves but by the device connected.

ParaShot

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2016
Ankara, Turkey
yes i won’t upgrade.
For do not proceed with the upgrade just charge your pods with the iphone far from them or with the BT off.

the APP don’t obviously download the firmware by themselves but by the device connected.

I’m so suprised by that also. Why does updating make worse :/
I left my pods on charginf after they said here “no problem to update”. Hope nothing changes about ANC

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
I’m so suprised by that also. Why does updating make worse :/
I left my pods on charginf after they said here “no problem to update”. Hope nothing changes about ANC

I think you will have no problem at all. Let us know ?

ParaShot

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2016
Ankara, Turkey
I think you will have no problem at all. Let us know ?

I updated that night and since then I had no exclamation marks on my pods. *fingers crossed*. So I think they solved the problem at least it seems like that ?. Now I can use and enjoy them without thinking and worry about it ?

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
If you put the APP’s in your ears, remove them and put them back in the case you will never see the red exclamation point. My APP’s sound and ANC work great in spite of it. I have had AirPods gen 1&2 and now APP and never noticed it until I came upon this thread. For me it’s a nonissue.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Yeah since the last firmware update, i haven't seen the red exclamation. I don't bother checking for it and my Pro's charge without any issues so totally chilled about it all

le_81

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
New Firmware (2C54), but still same issues (with red exclamations flashing on and off randomly on both airpods pro’s once in a while).
Otherwise it’s working as expected, no glitches and issues.

Any other that have same experience?

Reactions: MJ0778

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
New Firmware (2C54), but still same issues (with red exclamations flashing on and off randomly on both airpods pro’s once in a while).

Since the last firmware update and yesterday's, I haven't had any dancing airpod Pro's

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
I’m still suprised by the fact that Apple haven’t done anything about it. iOS13 bugs and now this. This year Software is not as strong as it’s before. :/

You're being too kind. iOS 13's release makes iOS 11 look stable. Although to be fair were not in the same arena of the good old days and Mac OS 7.6.1. o_O

MJ0778

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2018
Bremen, Germany

Same here. It's reproducible! Open the case until the white window comes on your phone. Put one APP out until the battery sign splits. Put it back and take the other one. Than I see the red exclamation again at the first APP-
I think, it was better with the previous firmware.

le_81

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
Same here. It's reproducible! Open the case until the white window comes on your phone. Put one APP out until the battery sign splits. Put it back and take the other one. Than I see the red exclamation again at the first APP-

I agree, worse with this new firmware version.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Why would anyone do that?

Reactions: Jutah
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.