Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
the_x_gray.png

Try this one.

iPhone X owners are proud. We don’t run from the notch; we embrace the notch.

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Coventry, West mids, England
I wanted BLACK. Not kind of black- JET black. Black hole black. The kind where there is no going back.

Um, the black wallpaper on the X IS complete black. None of the Pixels are lit.

I use it on my lock screen to save battery when checking time/notifications but have a different wallpaper. I also have no issue with the notch. If I did I wouldn’t have the iPhone X.

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
I wanted BLACK. Not kind of black- JET black. Black hole black. The kind where there is no going back.

I created my own some years back so I could have pure black as a background. It has worked since on different devices. Not hard, just create a JPG of the size of the phone resolution, set its color to 0,0,0 and save.

Reactions: braddick

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I use the red or multi-color out line for my Home but I like this blue on the lock. It makes the Notifications and Music controls pop.

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg
IMG_4037.jpg

Reactions: braddick

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
Solid Black is amazing. A lot of my friends think I'm crazy for using it. They are usually like "you have the X with an amazing OLED screen and your using a black wallpaper." Some people don't understand how nice the OLED screen truly shows the black.

Reactions: navier and Jetcat3

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
I use it on my lock screen to save battery when checking time/notifications but have a different wallpaper. I also have no issue with the notch. If I did I wouldn’t have the iPhone X.

If it's just for battery saving and you would actually prefer a regular wallpaper, just use a regular wallpaper. The difference in battery usage for just checking your lock screen is tiny (at most a couple of minutes per charge).

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Solid Black is amazing. A lot of my friends think I'm crazy for using it. They are usually like "you have the X with an amazing OLED screen and your using a black wallpaper." Some people don't understand how nice the OLED screen truly shows the black.
Yes, I hope Apple will switch the iPads over to OLED too. Watching an HDR source with true blacks is a real eye 'popper'.

Reactions: Jetcat3

JamiLynee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2014
The PNW
These wallpapers are beautiful. Can anyone thicken up the lines just a little though? When using certain screen protectors, you can barely see them. I'm talking like barely doubling the width of the line. Otherwise, they're perfect.

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
anyone using the all black wallpaper? I love that it makes the phone seem like a continuous screen. And the notch disappears.

i use it, really like it

plus a wee bit easier on the battery life, though X is perfect for me

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I like the black, but found this one and really like it.

Attachments

• IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    911.4 KB · Views: 16,584
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.