Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Costco has the 2017 i7/2.2Ghz for $699 through Friday.

I am not sure how many would buy the 2016-2017 notebooks. The ones that came with the membrane seem to have helped a lot, but now I wonder if people would just wait for the new keyboard to trickle down across the lineup.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Costco has the 2017 i7/2.2Ghz for $699 through Friday.
Thanks! That price beats the $750 Amazon was selling those for 8 months ago. I'll be passing this on to those I know who were looking for a deal on these.

I am not sure how many would buy the 2016-2017 notebooks. The ones that came with the membrane seem to have helped a lot, but now I wonder if people would just wait for the new keyboard to trickle down across the lineup.
The reasons why a 2017 MBA still appeals to some goes beyond just the keyboard. Magsafe, SD card slot, full-sized ports are a few more. Yes, it has a non-retina screen, and that is a deal-breaker for many, but for those who want a fast, portable, and reliable workhorse, there's none better. (I think I could prove that empirically, but I'll leave it as... IMO) :D

This is a tried and true model that has an excellent track record.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Thanks! That price beats the $750 Amazon was selling those for 8 months ago. I'll be passing this on to those I know who were looking for a deal on these.

The reasons why a 2017 MBA still appeals to some goes beyond just the keyboard. Magsafe, SD card slot, full-sized ports are a few more. Yes, it has a non-retina screen, and that is a deal-breaker for many, but for those who want a fast, portable, and reliable workhorse, there's none better. (I think I could prove that empirically, but I'll leave it as... IMO) :D

This is a tried and true model that has an excellent track record.

I completely misread your comment. Somehow I got an impression the comment spoke about a 2017 MBP in deals thread. It’s what can happen when multiple threads are open. :rolleyes:

I have the 2017 Air myself and wholeheartedly concur with what you said about it.

Reactions: mr_hyde and sracer

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I completely misread your comment. Somehow I got an impression the comment spoke about a 2017 MBP in deals thread. It’s what can happen when multiple threads are open. :rolleyes:

I have the 2017 Air myself and wholeheartedly concur with what you said about it.
I too find myself forgetting which thread I'm replying in... I have a handy excuse though... I'm an old man. ? (one of the few benefits of getting older).

AlexJoda

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2015
Bought the 2017 MBA last year for my daughter together with a very good 27“ IPS 1440p display. For the heavy lifting stuff at home she uses that display and on the road the 13“ display is good enough....

Reactions: macintoshmac

tenordrum

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2019
DC Beltway
I see Amazon still has the 2017 MBA 8/128GB for $699 new. IMO, that's a very good deal. Earlier this year I upgraded my 2014 MBA 11" to a 2017 13" i7 MBA 8/128GB for $750 new from Amazon. Although I missed the portability of the MBA 11", I really appreciate the larger screen, faster processor, and SD card slot (which I didn't realize I missed as much as I did on the 11")
Just thought I would mention that I ended up with the BF Amazon deal for my wife, $649 yesterday. it is back up to $699 today. who knows what happens on "cyber Monday"! I will install the 256 drive into hers, and hopefully it will give her as much use as her current mid 2013 model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.