Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrazyCatLady422

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2019
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum.

Just wanted to see how many people remember the PC game Amazon Trail that was originally made by the Learning Company? That was a great game. I miss it a lot and have tried to download it online but it doesn't seem to work with my macbook. Does anyone remember that game? I wish one of the video game developers would come out with a new version of it. That would be awesome.

urbanracer34

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2010
I remember it quite well.

I played the 2nd version of the game, mostly, but I couldn't get past a certain point because I didn't know where to go in a town.

I grew up playing many iterations of Oregon Trail, Africa Trail (Hate that game in a way, always got a game over after putting lots of time in one journey in game,) Yukon Trail (don't buy anything from the one salesman in town, his products are worthless, and don't gamble, it's rigged so you lose,) and Amazon Trail

I wish they would bring back "remastered" copies of these games, but The Learning Company is defunct as of a year ago according to Wikipedia. :(

And sadly, these games are (probably) PPC only. Luckily, I still have some machines that should be able to run them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.