Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
i had a dream, that the next generation apple prosumer machine, whould still have the "el capitan" case, but the case would be shiny!!

i would have a mercury (quicksilver) "color" or finish.

it would be semi-see-thru.

if i were good in creating stuff in photoshop, i would try to recreate my "dream" machine.

maybe someone out there would want to give it a shot. and recreate it.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: and then i had this dream...

Originally posted by redAPPLE
i had a dream, that the next generation apple prosumer machine, whould still have the "el capitan" case, but the case would be shiny!!
Wouldn't that be a step backward from the new case.

i would have a mercury (quicksilver) "color" or finish.
Why would you want to paint yourself?

it would be semi-see-thru.
Cannot do a clear case and keep the RFI rating it currently has, remove the metal box and the computer would get extremely noisy. And check on some of the clock rates to find out where to tune the your radio, tv, cell phone, etc. dial.

if i were good in creating stuff in photoshop, i would try to recreate my "dream" machine.

maybe someone out there would want to give it a shot. and recreate it.
Why? It's a dream, wake up... smell the coffee.
gmorning.gif

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Re: Re: and then i had this dream...

Originally posted by Sun Baked

Wouldn't that be a step backward from the new case.

Why would you want to paint yourself?

Cannot do a clear case and keep the RFI rating it currently has, remove the metal box and the computer would get extremely noisy. And check on some of the clock rates to find out where to tune the your radio, tv, cell phone, etc. dial.

Why? It's a dream, wake up... smell the coffee.
gmorning.gif

Geez your dour today Blah. What's the problem? You got a bad case of the blahs.:)

Hey it's your dream. Don't let other people stomp on it. If Steve Jobs and Wozniak had when they had started Apple it wouldn't have gone anywhere. Also I have a question for everyone. I hear everyone refering to the current case as the El Capitan. Wasn't it originally the Yosemite? Or was Yosemite just the code name for the B/WG3?

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
The El Capitan case has had a good run, but it needs to be put out to pasture already. It's a good design, but it's now stylistically behind the times. I wouldn't mind seeing a new case in the spirit of the Xserve, thicker (to accomodate more expansion cards) but not as wide as the Xserve, with a brushed aluminum front panel and the ability to be mounted either horizontally or vertically. Kind of like a more expandable LC form factor.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
I have a feeling we'll be seeing the El Capitan for another year at least. Otherwise, why would they bother rearranging the innards for the MDD's? We all know that the massive power supply and heat sink isn't being used fully by the current hardware sitting in there, so we'll at least be seeing that played out (I hope... :rolleyes: ).

Personally, I'd go with the El Capitan case for good and not complain. :) The handles are great, the flip-down side is invaluable, now all they need is a front-mounted USB and FW port and I'll be happy!

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by Hemingray
I have a feeling we'll be seeing the El Capitan for another year at least. Otherwise, why would they bother rearranging the innards for the MDD's? We all know that the massive power supply and heat sink isn't being used fully by the current hardware sitting in there, so we'll at least be seeing that played out (I hope... :rolleyes: ).

Personally, I'd go with the El Capitan case for good and not complain. :) The handles are great, the flip-down side is invaluable, now all they need is a front-mounted USB and FW port and I'll be happy!

I agree it's a fantastic case. The new innards with easily removable carriers for everything is a god send. I do agree on the other hand that they could style it differently. Though I think they should stick with the basic design.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>Geez your dour today Blah. What's the problem? You got a bad case of the blahs.:)

I had two cups of coffee earlier today, but that only got me through typing over 10 pages in a matter of 6 hours or so.

And don't mind Sun Banked. He's got a piss face avatar case of some sort. :rolleyes: - :D

As for the dream, if you would like to change the color of the Yosemite and post your version, your going to have to have Photoshop, and you're going to have to do it yourself. No one can perfect this dream for you. You know what you want from this photo

blueg3.gif

or one of the other G3 PowerMac photos around.

Do a search on
images.altavista.com

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
SPAM!

Professor Drap Drawers is going to have to retire soon!

Sun Baked, add a pink elephant and let's bullsh*t in the avatar thread. :p

Attachments

• spam2.gif
    spam2.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,114

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Leave out the smilies and people think you're having a blah day, put them in and it's a smiley war. :confused:

What do you expect from a rebuttal to MacBandit's previous comments on creating a blah post and stomping on peoples dreams? ;)

Now KC wants to see the dancing pink elephant ... sorry can't do it, he's drunk right now. :(

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Well that's I reploed to your breaking dreams comment from earlier.

Is the green hippie thing under the fan favorite banana drunk yet? :p

BOT: redAPPLE, I'm sure you're having fun reading this BS+1, but if you don't have Photoshop, you don't have any idea what you're missing.

If I were to do a mockup of an Apple PowerMac, I'm looking at my Cube, thinking why do I have to lift it up to plug in-remove the phone line or plug in the iPod? So there's an idea. I look at my father's PowerMac G3 Blue/White, thinking maybe the thing shouldn't process data so loudly. And why not make that a metallic blue, instead of a part/translucent color? And why not stuff a Superdrive in there? Now that would be a real cool idea. But doing anything metallic and a light reflection would require some sort of Photoshop render.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
Originally posted by King Cobra
>Geez your dour today Blah. What's the problem? You got a bad case of the blahs.:)

I had two cups of coffee earlier today, but that only got me through typing over 10 pages in a matter of 6 hours or so.

And don't mind Sun Banked. He's got a piss face avatar case of some sort. :rolleyes: - :D

As for the dream, if you would like to change the color of the Yosemite and post your version, your going to have to have Photoshop, and you're going to have to do it yourself. No one can perfect this dream for you. You know what you want from this photo

blueg3.gif

or one of the other G3 PowerMac photos around.

Do a search on
images.altavista.com

ha ha. ur right. maybe i could really try very hard and try to "recreate" my dream...

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
well, i do have photoshop.

i do some photoshop stuff too, but i am somehow afraid, that i cannot do justice to the dream i had...

that is why, i thought someone outthere has the time, talent and imagination "to do it for me."

well, as i said before, maybe i should really try hard to recreate my dream.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Re: Re: and then i had this dream...

Originally posted by Sun Baked

How about transparent aluminium? Can anyone get a copy of Star Trek...which one was that? You could display it on a Macintosh, sooooo....

There is that ugly alumi case with the window I keep seeing at CompUSA. It's just right for adding lighted fans and lighted slots and lighted, well, lights.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Re: Re: Re: and then i had this dream...

Originally posted by bousozoku

How about transparent aluminium? Can anyone get a copy of Star Trek...which one was that? You could display it on a Macintosh, sooooo....

There is that ugly alumi case with the window I keep seeing at CompUSA. It's just right for adding lighted fans and lighted slots and lighted, well, lights.

UGGGGGGGGHHH. I have seen that case at CompUSA. Ugly as hell. What I like to call 'Fugly'. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.