Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leal.rh

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2018
TX
Hi guys,

This ended up more of a rant than anything else. Ever since I've installed the latest few betas of iOS 10, I've constantly been getting notifications on my lock screen telling me that my iPhone storage is almost full. It pops up every time my phone is locked and there's a notification badge on the Settings app. It's now got to the point where I'm considering dashing my phone at the nearest brick wall.

There's no way to disable it from what I can see. Acknowledging the message in the settings doesn't do anything and I'd still get the message soon after.

It seems like Apple are trying to push us towards using iCloud for our storage solutions lately and I'm not interested in an iCloud subscription. I thought this constant bombardment was a bug, but we've had a few more betas since this was added and they've still not removed it. Seems like Apple is unwilling to accept that I know that my iPhone is storage running low on free space, no need to friggin' tell me every single time I go to unlock my phone. Sheesh.

Anyone else getting these message and also annoyed?

Sorry, I just had to let some steam off.

:(

Yeah, as it is I don't like seeing any pending badge icons, so I guess i need to reset my iPhone to factory settings.

petruc

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2014
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Yeah, same here. You’re not alone. iPhone 6S with official iOS 11.2.2; 11,2GB of 64GB free; iCloud 3,9GB of 5GB free. The notification will reappear in less than 10 seconds after choosing “Not now” on the iCloud 50GB offer screen.

davew2

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2018
Hi guys,

This ended up more of a rant than anything else. Ever since I've installed the latest few betas of iOS 10, I've constantly been getting notifications on my lock screen telling me that my iPhone storage is almost full. It pops up every time my phone is locked and there's a notification badge on the Settings app. It's now got to the point where I'm considering dashing my phone at the nearest brick wall.

There's no way to disable it from what I can see. Acknowledging the message in the settings doesn't do anything and I'd still get the message soon after.

It seems like Apple are trying to push us towards using iCloud for our storage solutions lately and I'm not interested in an iCloud subscription. I thought this constant bombardment was a bug, but we've had a few more betas since this was added and they've still not removed it. Seems like Apple is unwilling to accept that I know that my iPhone is storage running low on free space, no need to friggin' tell me every single time I go to unlock my phone. Sheesh.

Anyone else getting these message and also annoyed?

Sorry, I just had to let some steam off.

:(

I had the same annoying issue. I think I've found a solution. You may have inadvertently enabled photo synch with your iCloud.

Go to settings then iCloud then Photo library. Select Delete and disable the auto upload of your photos and videos. Confirm.

I'm still waiting for the 30 days to elapse before Apple deletes the photos From your iCloud storage. This 30 days gives you time to download any of your photos and videos to your PC through iCloud.com.

I think this will free up quite a bit of space because it stores the high res pic and videos to iCloud while leaving the low res version on your device.

Also be disabling this synch feature you ensure iCloud won't annoy you again. However you will be consuming more space on your device.

Reactions: djsteen

kobenoyashi

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2018
I get this same message when I still have 14 GB free of my 32; I have not found anything helpful. Has anyone else?

Yeah I get the "iCloud Storage Almost Full" message on my phone persistently (even on the lock screen). I have 44GB of memory left on my phone. This thread seems to be confusing phone storage with iCloud storage. I think one of the only ways to clear this message without buying more iCloud storage is to clear iCloud storage in some way (photos, documents, backups,etc.)

JaclynAmberJoy

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2019
Well, if your storage is almost full and you feel like you're being "pushed towards using iCloud" then why don't you free up some space? The popup will go away after that, I promise.

Buy a phone with more storage next time if you don't want to use any cloud based services.

Not true. I spend the whopping 99 cents per month for 50 GB of iCloud storage when in actuality I just wanted the pop up to stop because I didn't feel like downloading and reorganizing all my stuff but the pop up won't stop even though I'm only using 5 of 50 GB. I'm not amused apple.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not true. I spend the whopping 99 cents per month for 50 GB of iCloud storage when in actuality I just wanted the pop up to stop because I didn't feel like downloading and reorganizing all my stuff but the pop up won't stop even though I'm only using 5 of 50 GB. I'm not amused apple.
What part isn't true?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.