Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Am trying to find a waterproof case for my iPod Touch 5 which would allow me to use my earbuds and listen to music while paddling.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I just picked up the Lifeproof iPod Touch case. It's $50 but it's a solid case. And it's super thin. I like it a lot and I use it while paddling. It's 100% waterproof if you install it correctly.

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
I use this case with my iPhone when kayaking all the time:

http://www.ibattz.com/products_power_aquaseal.php

Not sure if it will work with iPod Touch -- they are very responsive if you email and ask.

The case works really well -- it constantly gets washed over with waves and I've never had a problem, and it adds a battery to boot.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Am trying to find a waterproof case for my iPod Touch 5 which would allow me to use my earbuds and listen to music while paddling.

Thanks for any suggestions.

On second thought, don't get the life proof case. Went kayaking yesterday, iPod got wet, case leaked, 64 gig iPod now ruined. Water sensors not triggered but Apple won't replace. I've had this iPod Touch 5G for 2 months. $149 to get a refurbished replacement. I can't afford that so I'm out of luck.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
On second thought, don't get the life proof case. Went kayaking yesterday, iPod got wet, case leaked, 64 gig iPod now ruined. Water sensors not triggered but Apple won't replace. I've had this iPod Touch 5G for 2 months. $149 to get a refurbished replacement. I can't afford that so I'm out of luck.

Did you test your lp case before hand? Where did you buy it? there are many counterfeits...

I dig my iPhone LP case and so far 0 issues w/ water, TS if you buy a LP case from their site and add the $10 extra protection if your pod gets wet while in the case they will replace it if you bought the extended $10 warranty, IDK how much is the fee or if there is a fee apart from the $10.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Did you test your lp case before hand? Where did you buy it? there are many counterfeits...

I dig my iPhone LP case and so far 0 issues w/ water, TS if you buy a LP case from their site and add the $10 extra protection if your pod gets wet while in the case they will replace it if you bought the extended $10 warranty, IDK how much is the fee or if there is a fee apart from the $10.

Apparently you can't register your ipod case with Lifeproof. There is. O ipod option during the registration process. I don't think they warranty the ipod cases. I bought it at best buy. I did test it in the sink and pool first.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Original poster

What a bummer - am so sorry that happened.

Checking into the other suggestions and also considering getting bluetooth earbuds. That might let me stash my iPod inside a waterproof bag and carry it in my PFD pocket. Might be a PITA to operate, but will do some experimenting indoors first.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Apparently you can't register your ipod case with Lifeproof. There is. O ipod option during the registration process. I don't think they warranty the ipod cases. I bought it at best buy. I did test it in the sink and pool first.

That sucks. Afaik the only way to get the extended warranty from them is to buy the case directly form their site. Idk about iPod cases and if they have an extended one for iPods.

------------------------

TS what I do is that I have my lifeproof case then I store the iPhone in a clear dry box so 2x protection.

If you have just the iPod and not an iPhone; I would suggest an off brand MP3 player or an iPod nano so if they get damaged you won't feel bad

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Update: went to a different Apple store. Got my refurbished iPod replaced fur free with a new version. Thank you Apple. The life proof case for iPod touch 5 is decent but the plug for the power and headphone jack do not screw in, they are pressure fit in place. I will be replacing this case, hopefully life proof will give me a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.