Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
it's been out for maybe 8 hours
how is anyone going to tell?

the number of people that have had a fully charged batter after installing 6.1 probably badly even registers on all watches on any version of 6
not to mention those people have had maybe 7hours to burn in.
and the watch traditionally gets much better battery life a couple days after installing a new OS.

Somedays my watch is 20% when i go to bed and put it on the charger, somedays 40%, with no real difference in my usage. so who's to say better battery life after the update isn't just a "good battery" day.

by thursday or friday people might have a better ideal
but a full answer will take a week or so.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
There is already a long thread here:

that’s beta tho.. I mean the final product.
[automerge]1572407380[/automerge]
it's been out for maybe 8 hours
how is anyone going to tell?

the number of people that have had a fully charged batter after installing 6.1 probably badly even registers on all watches on any version of 6
not to mention those people have had maybe 7hours to burn in.
and the watch traditionally gets much better battery life a couple days after installing a new OS.

Somedays my watch is 20% when i go to bed and put it on the charger, somedays 40%, with no real difference in my usage. so who's to say better battery life after the update isn't just a "good battery" day.

by thursday or friday people might have a better ideal
but a full answer will take a week or so.

well mine has switched from lasting 18 hours to one day lasting 10.

you can get an idea by Mid day. I had mine at 100% today after update and I haven’t notice any difference yet.
After an update does it need a couple days to index or settle down? I’m a first time watch owner.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
that’s beta tho.. I mean the final product.

After an update does it need a couple days to index or settle down? I’m a first time watch owner.
Yes. I'm unsure what it's doing but it does seem to need a day or so to settle in after an update or an unpair/re-pair.

akidokraja

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Nike cellular 44mm, 6.1 here. took it off charger at 99% after the update. Now it’s been around 14 hours and at 80% battery!! AOD is off. This is substantial improvement. Hopefully it stays like this. Tomorrow I’ll try with AOD on.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
It's been 2 hours since I took my Series 3 off the charger, and it's still at 100%. It would normally be down to 93-95% by now. Don't know if this means more efficient software or a less precise battery monitor. Guess we'll find out over the next few days.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
It's been 2 hours since I took my Series 3 off the charger, and it's still at 100%. It would normally be down to 93-95% by now. Don't know if this means more efficient software or a less precise battery monitor. Guess we'll find out over the next few days.

HAHA! Apple would get so much crap if they took the easy way out on that.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
Unfortunately disappointing for me. I get it’s early, but no improvement. Light usage today too, no workouts or streaming.

AOD on
Raise on
Noise off
Series 5 SS LTE

I’m at 50% at 7 hours. Wouldn’t even last the advertised 18 hours if I don’t charge it.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Unfortunately disappointing for me. I get it’s early, but no improvement. Light usage today too, no workouts or streaming.

AOD on
Raise on
Noise off
Series 5 SS LTE

I’m at 50% at 7 hours. Wouldn’t even last the advertised 18 hours if I don’t charge it.

same exact as you I am now 5 hours into the day and at 85%. Light use, no workouts, in/out of LTE mode mutliple times throughout the day.

Ament

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2019
Poland
AW5 Nike with LTE here - since 6.1 beta3 battery life is just stellar on my watch :) Everything is on except the Noise app.

Ack_

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
Buffalo
Series 4
My usage after 4 Hours, 1 Min: 33%

8.25% per hour which is still awful. I was really hopeful that 6.1 would have solved my issues. I barely use the watch while I'm at work and I'm in an office environment, so noise is only around 40 db.

Background Refresh: on
Noise: on
Wake Screen: only on tap
Siri: using digital crown
Display: brightness set to minimum

Last edited:

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
After more than 9 hours, mine is still at 80%. That’s fairly light use of about 1 and a half hours. Mainly notifications, iMessage, emails, Music on LTE, Activity, Heart Rate, a couple of ECG checks and changing the temperature of my coffee mug. Which is better than average for me, I may leave it off the charger tonight and see if I can stretch to two full days.

Oh and I should mention. That’s what the AOD and raise to wake on as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryan Bowler

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Series 4
My usage after 4 Hours, 1 Min: 33%

8.25% per hour which is still awful. I was really hopeful that 6.1 would have solved my issues. I barely use the watch while I'm at work and I'm in an office environment, so noise is only around 40 db.

AOD: on
Noise: on
Wake Screen: only on tap
Siri: using digital crown
Display: brightness set to minimum
So you have a series 4 with AOD?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.