Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mia-rafael

Suspended
Original poster
May 21, 2016
I just updated one of my MacBook pros to Catalina, the first thing i noticed was the tiny thumbnails in reminders, i was surprised!, i expected to see live Gif and youtube previews on the OS X version, i can see nice large thumbnails and even preview YouTube videos in reminders using my iPad and iPhone, and now its like a step back on mac!, is it just me or is there a way to fix this?

Please advise.

mia-rafael

Suspended
Original poster
May 21, 2016
"thumbnails in reminders"? Post a pic of what you're seeing.
first off thanks for replying :)

here i are pictures
first one is Catalina reminders
the rest are from iPad and iphone, basically ios

Attachments

•  2020-01-26 at 22.43.23.jpg
    2020-01-26 at 22.43.23.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1672.PNG
    IMG_1672.PNG
    734.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1673.PNG
    IMG_1673.PNG
    573.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1674.PNG
    IMG_1674.PNG
    822.8 KB · Views: 88

mia-rafael

Suspended
Original poster
May 21, 2016
Oh...I see. You weren't saying that this is something that was in Mojave and gone in Catalina. Just something you thought might be different…or optional.
yes, i love the big thumbnails, you can play the videos inside reminders and also open the video links if you want to., I just don't understand why its not in Catalina or if i am doing something wrong.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
I like big thumbnails and I cannot lie. ?

No, there seems to be no way to do this in Reminders app on macOS. What you should be able to do is hit the spacebar and preview full size attachment or link.

In Notes, on the other hand, you can choose preview size.

mia-rafael

Suspended
Original poster
May 21, 2016
I like big thumbnails and I cannot lie. ?

No, there seems to be no way to do this in Reminders app on macOS. What you should be able to do is hit the spacebar and preview full size attachment or link.

In Notes, on the other hand, you can choose preview size.
i know i can preview the link o open it on macOS reminders,
The option in Notes to change the side of an image thumbnail is useless, specially when people use notes to archive information that includes pencil sketches, photos and videos...th tiny thumbnail option should be fin in reminders since its a list based app.

btw did you notice the limitations with google accounts in notes?
-only photos work, no videos
-15mb max per note
-no thumbnail preview of an image in the note in sidebar while browsing notes folders etc
not sure if its apple or notes behind this one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.