Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdunlap

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
So I'm looking to downgrade back to Mavericks on my MacBook since it's running slow after upgrade yet I can't seem to download Mavericks. Trying to do it through the App Store from Purchases tab since I've upgraded in the past but the download isn't going through for some reason. It spins and spins but doesn't actually download the installer. Can someone help me out to get the installer for Mavericks? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Hate to tell this, but the torrent sites would be your best bet. I do not believe you would be doing piracy this way, because it is a free product after all.

Run the anti malware scan on the disk image when you download it, though.

meowdude

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2016
Call apple support and ask for a code to use in the mac app store. It's free and saves you the headache of dealing with torrent sites, but the torrent sites would probably be easier than dealing with apple support. Either way it'll be really annoying to do.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The download should work. Do you have enough space on your hard drive?

When I just tried downloading "Install OS X Mavericks" via the Sierra App Store I got a spinning wheel in the upper left corner for a while but then the download started and completed. Took a little over 30 minutes for me.

Msivyparrot

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2017
South Africa
Funny, I suggested to Apple via the feedback page they should consider hosting all software versions for all apps, OS etc, and sell them on the Vintage App Store, from $10 for anything pre 1990, $30 for 1990-2000, and $100 for anything post 2000... it was a thought, and I am sure not much would sell, as they say, you cannot catch a fish if your hook is not cast...

Reactions: 4sallypat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.