Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocko99991

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 25, 2017
I want to go back to High Sierra from Mojave. Is there a way to still download this?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I want to go back to High Sierra from Mojave. Is there a way to still download this?
Yes. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208969
Edit: the link in that document to download High Sierra doesn't actually work from a Mojave system. You may need to revert your computer using internet recovery to an older version of macOS and then upgrade from there to High Sierra.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
High Sierra is no longer listed in the new Mac App Store if you have already installed Mojave. It looks like you'll need to do what was recommended by member "chrfr" unless you have an image of High Sierra on a flash drive.

Reactions: Rocko99991

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
THIS is why one does both of the following:
1. Create a bootable cloned backup of your current install BEFORE upgrading.
and
2. Keep a library of previously-released OS installers.

Reactions: Rocko99991

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Thank you! This worked. I made multiple backups of this. This saved my behind. Thanks again.
It started working for me some time overnight so I guess the error I saw when I tried yesterday wasn't permanent.

Juk3s

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
Trying to open these on windows 10. Always says Unavailable in US when opening in iTunes.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
THIS is why one does both of the following:
1. Create a bootable cloned backup of your current install BEFORE upgrading.
and
2. Keep a library of previously-released OS installers.
3. And do not take selfies of onesself upon the grand caynon
We need to remember that humans will never be cautious or take preventative measures, My friend!

Reactions: MIKX and jbarley

jamesmccoy

Suspended
Jun 7, 2018
Monahans, Texas

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I get: The address wasn’t understood
I've recently found a couple of guides on MacPaw and StellarInfo by Darina Stavniychuk. Is it necessary to use CleanMyMac X or any other similar software to get rid of the unwanted files?
I just tried the posted link and it worked for me, so it is still a good URL.
You could try Step 4 in the link posted in Post 2 above.

I have never used CleanMyMac X and I do not intend to ever use it. Maybe CleanMyMac X may have caused problems by deleting something that should not have been deleted.

dbpinochle

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2019
I have had no luck with downloading from US or CN site 'corrupt' when tried to open. I have also tried to download 13.10.6 combo with no luck because it indicated need to have 13.10 before patch. I have seen many posts and tried to find different downloads. I also looked at the apple support page but not all downloads are available. You must be kidding. Does anyone have any idea where to get it?

Soba

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2003
Rochester, NY
I have had no luck with downloading from US or CN site 'corrupt' when tried to open. I have also tried to download 13.10.6 combo with no luck because it indicated need to have 13.10 before patch. I have seen many posts and tried to find different downloads. I also looked at the apple support page but not all downloads are available. You must be kidding. Does anyone have any idea where to get it?

The "corrupt" problem is because of an expired certificate.

It is available direct from Apple. Click the link in Step 4 on this page:

emac82

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2007
Atlantic Canada
I have a late-2011 MBP, with Sierra...8GB of ram and SSD hard drive...is High Sierra the newest I should go, or should I attempt Catalina? I don't want to have to format my hard drive (but I do have a time machine backup)...I've tried to download High Sierra from the link above (and tried other links) but keep getting this error "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS." any suggestions?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have a late-2011 MBP, with Sierra...8GB of ram and SSD hard drive...is High Sierra the newest I should go, or should I attempt Catalina? I don't want to have to format my hard drive (but I do have a time machine backup)...I've tried to download High Sierra from the link above (and tried other links) but keep getting this error "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS." any suggestions?
Be sure to delete any existing High Sierra installer, or put it on an external drive and then disconnect that disk from your computer. Then, download a new copy from the App Store.
Your Mac doesn't support Catalina, so you'd have to try one of the patches to allow it to run on an unsupported computer. I'd say you're better off using High Sierra.

emac82

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2007
Atlantic Canada
Be sure to delete any existing High Sierra installer, or put it on an external drive and then disconnect that disk from your computer. Then, download a new copy from the App Store.
Your Mac doesn't support Catalina, so you'd have to try one of the patches to allow it to run on an unsupported computer. I'd say you're better off using High Sierra.

How do I delete any existing installer?

Edit to add:...I found it, deleted it, and now it's installing..Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

timidpimpin

Suspended
Nov 10, 2018
Cascadia
Just download the High Sierra Patcher. Not to use it to shoehorn it to an unsupported machine, but you can use it to download a current (10.13.6) High Sierra installer. I used it a couple weeks ago for this very reason. All you will need to apply after is the 007 security update, safari update, and a couple small iTunes patches. It's a pure installer from Apple also, not a patched or sketchy one in any manner.

Reactions: Shoesy and emac82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.