Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zombivenator

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Lately (ever since installing Pokemon Go, I believe) the App Store has been number one on battery usage. In the past 24 hours it has run 2 min on screen and 8.9 hours in the background. I have no apps that need updating and it's set to only update while on Wifi.

I have tried logging out of the store and back in, rebooting the phone (home and start button), etc.

Any ideas on what I can do?

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I have a feeling he was talking about Pokemon Go. If the App Store is using all the battery, I'd double press the home button and swipe the app store app to close and see if that fixes it. If not, restart.

I had this happen once recently, and I can't remember if swiping it close or restarting the phone fixed it...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
And how exactly am I supposed to delete and re-install the Apple App Store?

If I'm understanding your message correctly, the Apple Store Application is not pre-installed on your iPhone, which you have to install via the App Store. Correct? Then long press on the iPhone and delete it. Restart your iPhone. Then download the App back onto your iPhone.

That is if we are in the same page here.

zombivenator

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
If I'm understanding your message correctly, the Apple Store Application is not pre-installed on your iPhone, which you have to install via the App Store. Correct? Then long press on the iPhone and delete it. Restart your iPhone. Then download the App back onto your iPhone.

That is if we are in the same page here.

No, I'm not talking about the Apple Store app. I'm talking about the the App Store application that is pre-installed and used for installing 3rd party applications.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have a feeling he was talking about Pokemon Go. If the App Store is using all the battery, I'd double press the home button and swipe the app store app to close and see if that fixes it. If not, restart.

I had this happen once recently, and I can't remember if swiping it close or restarting the phone fixed it...

My mistake. I thought he was referring to actual Apple Store Application.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
No, I'm not talking about the Apple Store app. I'm talking about the the App Store application that is pre-installed and used for installing 3rd party applications.
tap any of the listings at the bottom (featured,top charts, etc) ten times (you'll see the page reload so just tap it quickly until then) to clear our the cache, maybe that will help.

zombivenator

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
tap any of the listings at the bottom (featured,top charts, etc) ten times (you'll see the page reload so just tap it quickly until then) to clear our the cache, maybe that will help.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012

That's pretty cool. Tapping any of those 5 icons on the bottom 10 times restarts the app. Thanks for the info. Learn something new everyday!

Hopefully this fixes zombivenator's problem.

Reactions: 44267547

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
That's pretty cool. Tapping any of those 5 icons on the bottom 10 times restarts the app. Thanks for the info. Learn something new everyday!

Hopefully this fixes zombivenator's problem.
Yea I had an app that was stuck downloading at one point. The icon appeared but it was darkened and wouldn't allow me to remove it. I did this little trick and the problem was solved. Hopefully it helps the OP, but he won't know for a few hours at least.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

zombivenator

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Unfortunately it looks like it didn't work.

I may just have to do a restore.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    336.1 KB · Views: 460

zombivenator

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
First time seeing that kind of problem. Do you maybe have background app refresh enabled? Try to disable app store there, ofc if its there

Yeah I checked that but it's not listed as an available app to disable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.