Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
There's already tons of iOS games on the App Store and even though I love a good game, I just never buy any because touch gaming usually feels clunky.

You can clip a PS4 controller to the iPhone now so maybe there new Apple Arcade games will be designed with that in mind?

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
All Apple Arcade games are supposed to be playable on the Mac, too, so by that reasoning they must support something other than touch screen. I expect any game that will benefit from controller support will include controller support.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
All Apple Arcade games are supposed to be playable on the Mac, too, so by that reasoning they must support something other than touch screen. I expect any game that will benefit from controller support will include controller support.

You didn't think it was weird they didn't go into that at the Apple event? Controller support is a huge selling point, especially for mobile. Really hope you're right though, I think it will be a huge misstep if these games are released for touch only on the iOS version..

For a few £/$ you can buy a clip on eBay to attach you phone to Dualshock.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
For my tastes I say “Naaay”. But I do have an Xbox one X with Gamepass and a Nintendo Switch, so I might not get anything better Than what I kind get on those platforms. However if the games are quality and are free of all the freemium ****, it might be a good return to form to iOS gaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.