Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nearly four months after rolling out in the United States, the Apple Card is now beginning to appear on credit reports.

apple-card-with-iphone-800x261.jpeg

Goldman Sachs has confirmed that it is working with credit bureau TransUnion to begin reporting Apple Card information, informing cardholders that they will see full details on their credit report within the next five days. This includes the date the Apple Card account is opened, credit balance, payment status, and more.

In other words, like any other credit card, the way you use your Apple Card can now have an impact on your credit score.

Last month, Apple CEO Tim Cook opined that the Apple Card has been the "most successful launch of a credit card in the United states ever," although that was before allegations surfaced of gender bias during the approval process. Goldman Sachs has since offered to reevaluate credit limits.

To apply for an Apple Card, simply open the Wallet app on an iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later, tap the plus button in the top-right corner, and follow the on-screen steps. The process takes just a few minutes, and if approved, your digital Apple Card will be ready for purchases immediately.

Apple Card offers 3% cashback at a growing number of merchants, including Apple, Nike, Uber, Uber Eats, Walgreens, Duane Reade, and T-Mobile.

Update: Apple Card's variable APR range has been lowered to 12.49%-23.49% based on creditworthiness as of December 1, 2019, down from 12.74%-23.74% as of October 1, 2019, according to fine print on Apple's website. Thanks to MacRumors reader Scott Overfield for the tip.

Article Link: Apple Card Beginning to Show Up on Credit Reports, APR Range Lowered

Last edited:

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Yeah they ran my credit in August, then just now it shows up? I was going to start calling around and be like, what is going on? Just odd. Other companies report that stuff rather quickly.

Reactions: btrach144

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Regret opening mine. I jumped the gun because I thought I would have to pay for repairs to my MacBook that ended up being covered by AppleCare but didn’t need it in the end.

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
About time! They gave me a $12K limit so that's a big boost to my available credit on my reports.

MoreRumors?

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2018
This should have been already done before the Apple Card started rolling out. Goldman Sachs dropped the ball?

TheKDub

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2008
Wow, that's really late. I usually get a credit alert the second I click on the submit button online.

Reactions: unplugme71

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
Wow, that's really late. I usually get a credit alert the second I click on the submit button online.

You get an immediate alert when there is a hard inquiry. Some companies take up to two statement cycles to actually report a new account though. Capital One comes to mind, they take two statements before adding a new credit card account to your reports. Some companies, like Synchrony will report a new account almost immediately. It all just depends.

Last edited by a moderator:

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Capital One’s app is the only 1 that showed me the new account opened up. Credit Karma, Experian etc haven’t told me yet.

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
I called them yesterday to confirm what it was after all the alerts came in a new account was opened.. they should have sent an email out ahead of time would have saved on the confusion for everyone.

Reactions: unplugme71

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I called them yesterday to confirm what it was after all the alerts came in a new account was opened.. they should have sent an email out ahead of time would have saved on the confusion for everyone.
Good thing Apple and GS are working so closely together on this.

Cory S

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
It kind of freaked me out. The account number didn't match the one in the Wallet app (the physical or digital number) and I confirmed it didn't match my other GS accounts. The account open date also showed the 5th. The only thing that eased my concerns was the reported balance was the exact same as my first statement balance.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Yep. Got a notice today from ID Notify. Now I just wished they would get it to be able to download into Quicken soon.

Reactions: nightcap965

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
i already wanna cancel this card

I suspect you don't actually have the card, and are just trolling. There are cards that offer better benefits for narrow niches such as frequent flyers of certain airlines, but for the average person this card offers the best blend of usable rewards. Plus it's far more secure, convenient, and easier to track purchases. The only other card I used is Amazon rewards, and only when making purchases on Amazon since it pays 5%. For most other purchases, the Amazon card pays around the same.

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
i already wanna cancel this card

Why?

I agree. I checked online to see it was Goldman and put 2 and 2 together but some notice would have been good. Not all that hard to put together, right?

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I got the alert yesterday from Experian. And I forgot my Apple Card was from Goldman Sacks (I know it is actually on the card). So I called Experian and there systems were down (????). They had no number to call which seemed strange. I was trying to find the number for Goldman Sacks and finally found one and called and they transferred me to no one. Anyway, after about another 10 minutes I remembered that Apple Card was Goldman Sacks but still did not make me think it was my card. So called Apple Card support to get number for Goldman Sacks and was told it was them. She said they had not reported until now. I said would have been nice to send out an alert that you were doing this after months of using the card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.