Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
This should have been already done before the Apple Card started rolling out. Goldman Sachs dropped the ball?

Credit Bureau reporting is complicated. My guess is they didn’t have time to change/test/install the code.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
There are cards that offer better benefits for narrow niches such as frequent flyers of certain airlines, but for the average person this card offers the best blend of usable rewards.

For straight-up "cash back on every transaction everywhere", I've never found anything better than Fidelity's 2%. Apple's 2% is limited to stores accepting Apple Pay, and most do not.

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
I agree. I checked online to see it was Goldman and put 2 and 2 together but some notice would have been good. Not all that hard to put together, right?

Sounds like you haven't dealt with identity theft. No, it wasn't a mental stretch to think that maybe it was the Apple Card (which is why my first call was to them) but nearly 4 months between opening the card and this showing up, along with a different account number AND address for the Goldman bank, it looked suspicious.

Given this card prides itself on how integrated, accessible, and instant account information is available for it, I think them communicating this would have been helpful (and probably saved them a lot of people calling their customer service)

EDIT: Ill throw out this too, even if they didnt expect this result.. they know about it now, and STILL haven't sent out an email, which means they are probably still fielding a lot of calls about it.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I tried to apply several times, I keep getting error that my identity could not be verified (I have a New York driver license), so I've given up.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
Wooo, I now have $165k credit limit.

I probably spend $1k max across my cards each month. I don’t even utilize 1%. Guess it helps keep my utilization super low.
[automerge]1575593351[/automerge]
Anyone get approval for increasing their credit limit? Wondering if GS will do it for those who had it since opening as it hasn’t been long enough to establish much payment history.

brofkand

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2006
Yeah they ran my credit in August, then just now it shows up? I was going to start calling around and be like, what is going on? Just odd. Other companies report that stuff rather quickly.

This is new for Goldman. It is far easier to make sure they have credit reporting right rather than retract credit reportings after they've posted to consumer's reports.

architect1337

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Yes, all my credit cards show up in my credit report. It's amazing. They are not Apple cards though.... what's the point of this story again?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, all my credit cards show up in my credit report. It's amazing. They are not Apple cards though.... what's the point of this story again?
"Nearly four months after rolling out in the United States, the Apple Card is now beginning to appear on credit reports.

In other words, like any other credit card, the way you use your Apple Card can now have an impact on your credit score."

choreo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Midland, TX
So far I only charged my new iPhone 11 Pro on my Apple Card last October. Paid it off in full Nov 1st. Almost 3 months later it still shows up as full balance owing on credit reports - last reported by Goldman-Sachs on 10/31/19. I guess they don't update if paid off?

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
I have yet to get approved for this card because it won't accept my driver's license. I gave up applying.
I tried to apply several times, I keep getting error that my identity could not be verified (I have a New York driver license), so I've given up.
If you still are interested, others have had success by trying a different background. Did you use a white or light background ground? Try using a dark background and don’t zoom in too close, maybe take up 1/2 to 2/3 of the frame. Assuming your license has a landscape orientation, take a landscape pic.

Use decent room lighting, not the flash. Make sure it’s in sharp focus. Take the pic from directly overhead to ensure it’s rectangular. Take care that your hand or iPhone isn’t casting a shadow.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.