Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
If DACA is a good idea, Congress should pass legislation. You do not want a president making such policy, because even if you don’t care about the Constitution or separation of powers, someday, there will be a president in office that you don’t like. For some, that was Obama. For others, it’s Trump. Do you want the executive order of a president you don’t like to become law forever?
I agree completely. The current DACA mess is the direct result of executive branch over reach which has been compounded by Congress (both while Republican led and Democrat led) refusing to address the situation one way or another. While I frequently disagree with Tim Cook's political positions, I have to admire him for fighting so hard for his employees.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
What am I missing here? If they’re born here they’re citizens.

Magic Dirt Theory.
It doesn't matter on what soil someone is born, democrats have attacked the concept of America for decades and today founding fathers are considered racist sexist white supremacists and the US Cons. is a hate document. In 2019, we don't judge people based on citizenship, "everyone is an American, someone are just undocumented." We judge people based on their community and all hispanics are part of the hispanic community, not the white community and they are taught that ALL whites are colonizers, all whites are evil. DACA is a document designed to normalize the transition of power from whites to Hispanics.

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
Magic Dirt Theory.
It doesn't matter on what soil someone is born, democrats have attacked the concept of America for decades and today founding fathers are considered racist sexist white supremacists and the US Cons. is a hate document. In 2019, we don't judge people based on citizenship, "everyone is an American, someone are just undocumented." We judge people based on their community and all hispanics are part of the hispanic community, not the white community and they are taught that ALL whites are colonizers, all whites are evil. DACA is a document designed to normalize the transition of power from whites to Hispanics.

though I am not from the USA, I read that it is unconditional and even Obama said it was, therefore it has no merit.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
though I am not from the USA, I read that it is unconditional and even Obama said it was, therefore it has no merit.
No one cares anymore. Democrats want to make European Americans a minority and the culture in America is that you're a racist, evil, if you don't want to become a minority. Everyone knows democracy is a fraud and laws can be changed. People only support "following the law" when it's good for them.

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
No one cares anymore. Democrats want to make European Americans a minority and the culture in America is that you're a racist, evil, if you don't want to become a minority. Everyone knows democracy is a fraud and laws can be changed. People only support "following the law" when it's good for them.

of what then is the alternative ? In Ukraine we are run by corrupt leaders who don’t care for the people.. plus, if in Ukraine you get stopped for speeding, all u need to do is bribe the police and they let you go, which in America bribery is against law.

Reactions: ToroidalZeus

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
of what then is the alternative ? In Ukraine we are run by corrupt leaders who don’t care for the people.. plus, if in Ukraine you get stopped for speeding, all u need to do is bribe the police and they let you go, which in America bribery is against law.

in america minor corruption is illegal but major corruption is legalized. we call bribery to politicians "campaign contributions" or "political donations.' Look at CA Prop 187 or Prop 8 or Brexit. They overturn the will of people in courts. We have organizations like the ADL or SPLC and laws like the 1964 Civil Rights Act that are designed to attack USA citizens and silence our voice if we are anti-immigration or any policy that challenges the establishment. It's almost like living under Stalin. If you are a political enemy (read: pro-white), the system will attack you, fire you from your job, deplatform you, revoke your credit card, not treat you fairly in court, etc. The system is a complete fraud.

We're quickly destabilization and our politics is starting to look like any failed state like Iraq. Democracy, Representative Govt, these systems do not work in Ukraine, in UK, in USA or anywhere.

Last edited:

T-R-S

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2010
Silicon Valley
Totally against illegal immigration but I’m not sure people should be punished for something out of their control. It’s not right they get a free pass either, but it is what it is.
You do realize that DACA are not illegal migrants they have status SSN and pay taxes. As an migrant myself I thousands of dollars a year in taxes my company employs American citizens and I am not allowed to collect ANY government services and I am not allowed to vote - US green card immigrants are tied without any elected representation.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
You do realize that DACA are not illegal migrants they have status SSN and pay taxes. As an migrant myself I thousands of dollars a year in taxes my company employs American citizens and I am not allowed to collect ANY government services and I am not allowed to vote - US green card immigrants are tied without any elected representation.

Who cares about the money? I don't understand why the west wants to reduce citizens to money. You're just pimping out your nation to the lowest bidder.

marzfreerider

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I wish Tim's peers at Google, FB, and other tech ecosystem companies would make the same pro-privacy comments and strategic moves as Apple. (Hint: they won't, because they all have ad supported business models).
Apple doesn't care any more or less than any of those companies about privacy. It's nothing but marketing to make people believe they care so they will but their products. His line on how China hasn't asked them to unlock 1 phone is a joke. He moved all their iCloud info into China. Apple will do what they have to in order to keep selling their products in any country that makes them money. He's a hypocrite at best. Apple or any company will always bow down to money. Morals or ethics be damned.

Whathappened

Suspended
Mar 15, 2018
This is a manufactured wedge issue that Congress is using to energize certain voting blocs.

All Congress has to do
  1. Update immigration program to be pro-America in the sense that we take in people and fast track those immigrants that actually benefit the US. For example, Indian computer science engineers ... that we don't want to go back overseas after studying at Stanford, MIT, etc. Stop making them wait an entire decade or more to get their citizenship!
  2. Grant a temporary amnesty to those that came here illegally. Make them pay a fine and go through a ten-year process to get legal citizenship. If they fail, deport. You don't want everyone to stay here that won't be productive citizens. .
  3. Grant amnesty to children that are born here. Preferably to parents that have applied for temporary amnesty.
  4. Build the wall to strengthen the newly updated immigration program from step 1.
Sorting human beings by „useful“ and „not useful“ is racism. Everyone has the right to live and there is enough of everything for all. You are so full of capitalist ideology you forgot about humanity.
Tear down any walls separating people instead of building new ones!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
lol.. I never heard that saying before: "I Will Fight Until My Toe Points Up"

If Tim is worried about evaporation of freedom of speech, why is he only concerned about America / Thee is more than just America... What about the rest of us outside ?

Reactions: AlexGraphicD

phobos512

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2012
USA
I guess if there's one benefit to threads like this it's that they bring out the lunatics so I can update my ignore list lol...

Reactions: PC_tech

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
That’s the problem with presidents creating law by executive fiat. The next one can come along and cancel it, which is what Trump has done. Obama couldn’t get anything through Congress after the first midterm elections so he decided to issue executive orders to accomplish what he couldn’t with the legislative branch. Now Trump is undoing everything Obama willed into existence with his pen and some believe it’s established law. It’s not. Like you say if DACA is the answer then the Congress should get on with it. The pendulum has swung too far toward presidential power. There have been many periods in U.S. history where presidents have wield too much power and the results were disastrous. Andrew Jackson comes to mind when he told Supreme Court Justice Marshall “John Marshall has made his decision now let him enforce it.”

DACA is not an executive order. DACA is a memo written by Obama directing an executive agency to create a policy to ignore the laws as passed by Congress.

Reactions: Huck

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
DACA is not an executive order. DACA is a memo written by Obama directing an executive agency to create a policy to ignore the laws as passed by Congress.

ergo, that’s why it’s illegal and unconstitutional and happy the president is getting rid of it. Cook can cry all he wants, but if it was illegal and unconstitutional, then it needs to go.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
What a scumbag Tim Cook is. This will just push illegal immigration even more.

Not really. It would be possible to draw a line in the sand and give rights to people who have done nothing wrong.
It’s utter stupidity to deport people who the United States have invested huge resources in to developing in to hard working productive members of society.
That doesn’t mean you can’t prevent or at least minimise illegal migration going forward.
[automerge]1574635834[/automerge]
Is Apple a social movement or a company which is meant to maximize value for its shareholders?

you don’t think trying t retain the workforce is maximising value?

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
I wish Tim would stay out of politics and focus on MAGA!!! (Make Apple Great Again) :apple::)

And then he supports China, which is bullying and punishing Hong Kong :(

Apple’s focus on privacy is a moneymaker and they have zero competition now that all the other companies have demonstrated their total lack of respect for privacy.

Privacy and taking the highroad is guaranteeing Apple a very prosperous future! It happens to be a very good thing to do, in my humble opinion, but it is also a great way to make a lot of money! Imagine that!

As for what anyone here says about China, well, are they sure they know something?
[automerge]1574641187[/automerge]
What a scumbag Tim Cook is. This will just push illegal immigration even more.

Illegal immigration is wrong. It’s illegal. Build that wall and anyone who wants to come in should be filling out all the paperwork at the border. Simple!

Does Tim Cook go against that? It’s possible I missed something here, but I avoid the subject because the solution seems so obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huck

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
How does DACA fit into the supply chain?

so Long as you're in bed lock,stock, and barrel with the Chinese, you cede the high ground....

AgentAnonymous

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2016
This is a manufactured wedge issue that Congress is using to energize certain voting blocs.

All Congress has to do
  1. Update immigration program to be pro-America in the sense that we take in people and fast track those immigrants that actually benefit the US. For example, Indian computer science engineers ... that we don't want to go back overseas after studying at Stanford, MIT, etc. Stop making them wait an entire decade or more to get their citizenship!
  2. Grant a temporary amnesty to those that came here illegally. Make them pay a fine and go through a ten-year process to get legal citizenship. If they fail, deport. You don't want everyone to stay here that won't be productive citizens. .
  3. Grant amnesty to children that are born here. Preferably to parents that have applied for temporary amnesty.
  4. Build the wall to strengthen the newly updated immigration program from step 1.
Indians (and more so the Chinese) flooding American computer science programs is not pro-America. Just means one less American with a college degree, and additionally these people trying enter the job market in mass numbers after through H1B programs displaces American engineers because H1B hires are often cheaper longterm (they have less leverage to move around). The tech industry here is extremely saturated right now due to this reason.

Universities are eager to accept these foreign students because they can (and do) legally charge them significantly higher tuition, and foreigners studying in the US are not eligible for federal financial aid. This means the colleged aged portion of the combined 3 billion Indian and Chinese people in the world are seen as a HUGE profit source by college administrators here in America. At UC schools, foreigns students pay triple the tuition rate of Americans, and the schools are taking so many of them that UC Berkeley had to be capped at "only" 20% foreign. It's absolutely ridiculous and amoral. Keep American colleges American, put Americans first, and stop exploiting these people who are so desperate to get a western degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexGraphicD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.