Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2018
like what positive things? Being shining an example that criminal and corrupt behavior is ok? That your own advantage is always the most important goal? That constant lying and bullsh**ting is fine?
Great way to teach your children really! Maga!
You just proved your inability to have any sort of civil discussion.

That's why he'll win again.

I have a tip, when you use Google, try reading with the intent to use reasoning instead of blind hate because he has an R next to his name.

TheWatchfulOne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
If you were to take apart the iPhone you would see many of the silicone components that are made in the United States as well," he added.

We‘ll have to take his word for it, because most people can no longer take their Apple devices apart anymore. The days of repairable are over.

1. You don't need to take your own phone apart. iFixit has disassembled every iPhone and posted photos.
2. Disassembly and repair are two different things. ;)

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
"Cook added that "in terms of the Hong Kong situation, I hope and pray for everyone's safety," and "more broadly I pray for dialogue, because I think that good people coming together can decide ways forward.""

This is blatant and dangerous ignorance. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has blatantly violated the handover treaty. The Hong Kong authorities have been corrupted by the CCP and are now seen as a puppet.

The CCP will never implement 2 systems 1 country because they know communism falls without authoritarianism - this is why the CCP cannot let a democratic system stand in Hong Kong. Crushing democracy in Hong Kong is a blatant admission that communism is the failed system. Dialog will never take place because the CCP cannot allow it.

There is no possible path forward while the CCP continues to willfully operate with blatant lawlessness.

Timmy the Crook and other people in such positions are enabling the CCP to continue its despicable behavior.

A famous quote almost applies here: "what we must fear most is the indifference of good men."

I say almost because Timmy should know better, but because Timmy hasn't taken the correct position about this issue, I cannot consider him a good man. He is a CCP puppet.

You should probably stop consuming all Apple products out of protest. I would also suggest you boycott all social media sites and forums that portray Apple in a positive light. You posting here just just fuels the evil of "Timmy the crook" in particular and the CCP at larger. In most ways anybody could think of it would be much more righteous for you to express your outrage with complete silence.

Your post contributes to the problem.

Reactions: spinnyd

Thunderbird

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2005
You just proved your inability to have any sort of civil discussion.

That's why he'll win again.

I have a tip, when you use Google, try reading with the intent to use reasoning instead of blind hate because he has an R next to his name.

You should take your own advice and read his comment without the blind hate just because he dared to criticize your hero. Everything he said is factually correct. Facts don't care about your feelings.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
How many units are Apple expecting to sell from those Mac Pros so much so they advertise they are building it in the US and bringing jobs.

I am guessing most of the Mac Pro is built outside of US and shipped in to be assembled together in this factory. How many employees do you need for that on the assembly line? 50?

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I’m sure if they weren’t wearing reflective vests and helmets then they never would have made it out of that extremely hazardous area alive /s

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Not wishing to be picky here.

But just out or curiosity as an example question.

Does taking 6 items, built in let's say Japan/china ect, and screwing them/plugging them together into a box, count as Building the devices in the USA.

Assembly would feel like a more accurate term, unless you are genuinely building the individual parts.

I would regard that for any company

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Tim, I think many people are starting to realize that China is an enemy of freedom. Do the world a favor and get out from under the CCP. In the very least, practice what you preach.

This. As someone who usually disagrees with Trump and as a business student who would usually be against tariffs, I’m in support of the trade war. The rise of China is not good. I wish we were doing more to stay ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerWilco

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I love that Tim’s helmet doesn’t fit properly. It’s symbolic of this pathetic PR stunt to play to Trump’s ego so Apple can get tariff exemptions. It reminds me of how the Saudi’s plastered his Trump posters everywhere like a visiting dictator.

I generally love Apple’s values, but this a bridge too far. For shame Tim. For shame.

“Quid Pro Oh No”.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Trump has been doing more for society than the Democrats have. Trump is actually making changes for the better of Americans as a whole versus the continued witch hunt the Democrats have been fueling for the past three years.

You really have to try hard to ignore the positive things that have been happening.

But hey, don't worry Democrats, if the Republicans grow a pair they'll use the same BS against you when you get in office. The Democrats have set new standards for low and no morals.

Without repeating Fox News talking points about the economy (been on a positive trend since Obama in 2009) or jobs (same thing). What are some of the positive things that have been happening? I have an open mind, but I just haven't seen anything.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Sorry, but your feelings are irrelevant to the facts
View attachment 878309

Donald Trump is MY President? Well, if he belongs to me, then he should do what I say, right? So, why doesn't he??

The point is, words like "my", "your", etc., have multiple meanings, depending on the context and intent of the speaker. That fact that you feel you have the right to tell someone else what they mean in a specific context says more about your need to control the conversation than about the person you are criticizing.

Reactions: Moonlight

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
I was telling people 30 years ago that once the Iron Curtain and Soviet Union fell, we should quickly begin to pressure China hard. It would've basically been a continuation of the Cold War, but with the way things are now I think it should've been done.

China is one of the worst governments on the planet. I can only hope that the Hong Kong revolutions lead to a wider uprising. This must end.

Reactions: spinnyd

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Huh. So why does it say "Made in China" on the box?

And what does he mean by he "believes" it's made everywhere? Is it, or isn't it? If it is he should talk to the guys who print the text on the box and the back of the phone 'cuz it still reads "Made in China."
Because beliefs aren't necessarily fact.

And other articles post that it is an assembly plant, no one mentioned a manufacturing and assembly plant.
My kids assembled a Lego truck but those pieces were manufactured somewhere else. I guess I could post online that it was built in Texas also.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Steve would never allow himself to be seen with this charlatan. It’s a mug’s game and Cook is the biggest.
Jobs hated Gates at points in his life as well and then took money from "the enemy" to keep his business afloat. People do what they need to do to keep the doors open all the time.
It would be interesting to know exactly what was discussed between those two to get that deal to happen.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
"If you look at the glass of the iPhone, which everybody touches all day long, that glass is made in Kentucky. If you were to take apart the iPhone you would see many of the silicone components that are made in the United States as well," he added. "The iPhone is the product of a global supply chain."
So they could just take every part made in the US, and glue them together in the US, and call it a day?

developer13245

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2012
You should probably stop consuming all Apple products out of protest. I would also suggest you boycott all social media sites and forums that portray Apple in a positive light. You posting here just just fuels the evil of "Timmy the crook" in particular and the CCP at larger. In most ways anybody could think of it would be much more righteous for you to express your outrage with complete silence.

Your post contributes to the problem.

I haven't bought an apple product in over 2 years (Switched to privately built mobile OS - see avatar). Also dumped all social media since then.

China has been fighting world war 4 against the west for a long time now. I've joined that battle to defend my freedom / liberty / way of life, and have affected more than just outrage (albeit stealth - this is not a shooting war).

So when China sees 'CIA' in every pair of "round eyes":

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/0...n-arrested-in-hong-kong-is-a-cia-agent-812584

WINNING!
[automerge]1574364211[/automerge]
Apple is a California company (deeeeeep gulp of California Flavor-Aid required) and will never really embrace its Texas presence. Staff located in Texas will be 2nd class citizens and will be constantly reminded of their underclass status.

Before you reply ask yourself this: Will Apple EVER name a future version of macOS "Waco"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Williesleg

mikethemartian

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2017
Melbourne, FL
I think the Apple hardhat is a bit much.
Me too. He can’t just wear a regular hard hat without the branding. He probably also carries around an Apple branded hammer.
[automerge]1574365304[/automerge]
Aren't all the electronics and components made in China anyway? So this is just final assembly and the odd manufactered item, maybe the case or something... Complete PR stunt.
But the glue is 100% American.
[automerge]1574365727[/automerge]
The Tim Cook hate on this thread is strong.

Not surprised.
I just find him amusing.

Last edited:

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
It's perfectly normal for company representatives to wear a company-branded hard hat while on-site at a construction project. Here's me :)
ss.png

The hat is for safety. It's not a fashion statement or status symbol or pretending that you do manual labor. And it doesn't fit flat on your head like some kind of hardened plastic baseball cap.
HTB1mvuZQXXXXXcVXFXXq6xXFXXXw.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.