Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Hey bro your iPhone is 4 years old, so it may not run as fast as the latest OS. iOS 10 has all the latest things for security which is important. If I was Apple i'd be pushing it to keep you secure.

On the other hand. You can blame Apple for....slowing down your iPhone as people do? But what do expect it to be the same speed as Apples latest iPhone X on the same OS?

My 2013 Ford car is not going to be quick as your 2016/7 Ford card even though they are both 2 liters, petrol and auto. Your is newer and fine - tuned. Get it?
FYI It's actually 3 years old.

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
Hey bro your iPhone is 4 years old, so it may not run as fast as the latest OS. iOS 10 has all the latest things for security which is important. If I was Apple i'd be pushing it to keep you secure.

On the other hand. You can blame Apple for....slowing down your iPhone as people do? But what do expect it to be the same speed as Apples latest iPhone X on the same OS?

My 2013 Ford car is not going to be quick as your 2016/7 Ford card even though they are both 2 liters, petrol and auto. Your is newer and fine - tuned. Get it?

It’s 3 years old.

I was talking more about the “update suggestion” not by iOS 11 itself. Of course I don’t expect the same performance as the new phones and in fact I don’t mind losing performance while gaining new features but losing it for nothing..
[doublepost=1512209648][/doublepost]
This is what Apple has always done - why are people surprised and why don't they search forums before posting another and another of the same topics

No, this way of doing it is new. I don’t need to search the forums, I am using iOS since first version and of course you always received the notification but not in this aggressive way.
[doublepost=1512209940][/doublepost]
Did you follow what's been suggested about deleting it and installing the tvOS profile?

Yes, seems that this kind of hacking is the only way to avoid this,

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No, this way of doing it is new. I don’t need to search the forums, I am using iOS since first version and of course you always received the notification but not in this aggressive way.
Not really that new as the current form its been in has been around since at least about iOS 9 days, as has been brought up earlier in the thread. There have definitely been threads discussing it all as well.

Alpha Virgin

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2019
It's not about the age of the phone or iPad that's a problem. Plain and simple, it's the software.
I had an iPhone 4s. Ran beautiful with iOS 6 (still the Steve jobs aesthetic). APPLE was already at iOS 8, and I did not feel to update since everything was still fast, snappy, and just worked.

Then my Lyft app, which I don't even use anymore, forced me to update my iOS (if I don't update, I couldnt use the app to get a ride). So I did.

In a matter of minutes, I went from a fast, snappy phone, to a sluggish, patience testing brick. The iOS update made my phone the worst it has ever been, and it was all thanks to Apple.

I currentlycurre an iPad pro 1st Gen. And it's on iOS 11.3. It's running fine. But just a couple minutes ago, all Apple services, ibooks, iTunes, etc stopped connecting. I know Apple is forcing to update to iOS 12. But they really screw up with the gestures of iOS 11, making the user have to do more swipes to get to a function on iOS 12. I really REALLY don't want to, based on my past experience. It's totally valid.

The problem is not the device, it's the software Apple updates the user with.

[doublepost=1549029676][/doublepost]
If my eyes rolled any harder, they’d fall out of the sockets.

There are videos on YouTube of apple clerk's lying to their customer about to fix the problem on their device, they would have to pay a ton of money to fix it, or buy a new device (which was almost the same price)

The guy went to a 3rd party repair shop and the guy fixed it for 100 bucks.

Planned obscelecnse is real.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.