Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Anonymous submission...

Yes, I know it could be faked easily... take it for what its worth...

Attachments

• prototype2.jpg
    prototype2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,354

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
yes, I was aware it is a handspring...

arn

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
well, I'm certain this is fake, but nobody even considered that they could be using the palm to test a hand-held version of the Mac OS.

bet you jokers never though of that, did ya?

DOH!

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
where is eyelikeart on this one

but that thing is ugly for an apple product if it was from apple which its not

impierced

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2002
Originally posted by arn
yes, I was aware it is a handspring...

arn

Ok, if you were aware it was a handspring then you should have also known that the handspring visor is incapable of OS upgrades and therefore couldn't possibly be real.

It also brings up the question, if you knew this, then why on earth did you post it?

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Apple's version will probably be more "glam" than that, with a white color schema, built-in bluetooth, the same wonderful battery as in the iPod, and direct-brain-to-software interface.

You can almost imagine the ad campaign...

iThink Different

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by impierced

Ok, if you were aware it was a handspring then you should have also known that the handspring visor is incapable of OS upgrades and therefore couldn't possibly be real.

It also brings up the question, if you knew this, then why on earth did you post it?

Arn was probablity just having a little fun. :)

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Arn,

Old fake... I've seen that exact image before Spymac maybe???

I even remember the thread where people were talking about it. Either way the hoaxer fessed up and someone made a comment about 'nice touch adding the numbers on that white tape'... Well something like that was said... (this was early/mid summer I think)

Dave

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by DaveGee
Arn,

Old fake... I've seen that exact image before Spymac maybe???

actually I don't think it's an old fake... I took a screenshot from a quicktime clip.

arn

WebOrbiter

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2002
Virginia
Im curious as to what OS it would use, a scaled down version of OSX would be my guess, so it could run Inkwell, but then again it could be somehow linked to the iPod, at least the hardware of it since iPod has so many hidden deactivated features that many PDAs have. Any thoughts?

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
here, there, who knows
Just Bring back the NEWTON!!!!

For what is worth I have a Newton 130 for a long time I was thinking if I should be "hip" I get one of those Palm/Visor things. Finally about two weeks ago I got one a Visor.

After two week of use I find to be the most useless pice of SH**T I have ever gotten the os itself does not come even close to the Newton OS, the graffiti BS is so frusttrating, you can't fax, print out of the box you have to go out and buy programs for it to even make an attent to replicated what the Newton can do. On my newton I can fax, send emails, even browse the web right out of the box. So in conclusion if this picture is the Newton OS/OS X lite Devise that apple is working on I hope they come out with it like yesterday is not fast enough. In the mean time I going back to Newton and given the visor up for sale on ebay to see if another sap will buy it.
Cheers:D
PS I'm writing this post on my newton!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.