Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I had my last one for nearly 2 years. Other than some corner dings from drops, it held up great. The corners are the weak point, especially with drops, but other nicks heal pretty well and add to the patina.

That’s great to hear, thanks a lot!
Don’t mind if the corners are sensitive, I guess it is to be expected.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
How has this case been for you? Not at all slippery? No loss of grip as it ages?
Thinking of getting this exact colour for my XS Max.
Fine

No loss of grip and only slippery for a few days from new- it soon wears off

Reactions: Tsepz

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Because of this thread i bougt a saddle brown for the XS... just 4 days old, cant wait to get some patina
20191126_094112.jpg

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
what are your experiences with the opening on the bottom of the leather case after a few months?
are my fears of screatches justified?
(I have the Xs in space grey)

PeteS1963

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
what are your experiences with the opening on the bottom of the leather case after a few months?
are my fears of screatches justified?
(I have the Xs in space grey)

I‘ve had Apple leather cases and similar with an opening on the bottom, since the iPhone 6 Plus. Never suffered a single scratch. My iPhone 6 Plus went to my daughter who didn’t (for just over two years) exactly treat the phone well. Again, not a single scratch or mark on the exposed bottom of the phone. Unless you are very unlucky I find it a non-issue. And personally, with the new-ish gestures where there’s a lot of swiping up, I prefer the exposed bottom part of the case.

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
I‘ve had Apple leather cases and similar with an opening on the bottom, since the iPhone 6 Plus. Never suffered a single scratch. My iPhone 6 Plus went to my daughter who didn’t (for just over two years) exactly treat the phone well. Again, not a single scratch or mark on the exposed bottom of the phone. Unless you are very unlucky I find it a non-issue. And personally, with the new-ish gestures where there’s a lot of swiping up, I prefer the exposed bottom part of the case.

Thank you... the only thing is, that many people say the stainless steel is more scratch sensitive... this is why i was afraid of the open bottom area....

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Does anyone know if the XS Case or even the X case will work on the XR?
No. The phones are different sizes.

Thank you... the only thing is, that many people say the stainless steel is more scratch sensitive... this is why i was afraid of the open bottom area....

I've been using my SG 11 Pro without a case for a few weeks now and I have no scratches on my steel frame. From what I gather, the PVD coated variants are more scratch resistant than the naked stainless on the silver version.

Reactions: hewastl286

hewastl286

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
I've been using my SG 11 Pro without a case for a few weeks now and I have no scratches on my steel frame. From what I gather, the PVD coated variants are more scratch resistant than the naked stainless on the silver version.
[/QUOTE]

and also no discolouration problems? (stain on the stainless steel)
[automerge]1574782439[/automerge]
No. The phones are different sizes.

and also no discolouration problems? (stain on the stainless steel)

Telesmurfen

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2016
The black Apple leather case was the first case I bought for my phone on release date.
I immediately saw that it wasn’t as black as previous black leather cases. I thought that maybe it would “patina” into a more dark black color, as most Apple leather cases are known to get darker with use. But it still seems “Storm grey” to me.
Has anyone seen their black cases darken the last couple of months? Any tips?
it’s not that I don’t like storm grey, but I miss a true black case.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
The black Apple leather case was the first case I bought for my phone on release date.
I immediately saw that it wasn’t as black as previous black leather cases. I thought that maybe it would “patina” into a more dark black color, as most Apple leather cases are known to get darker with use. But it still seems “Storm grey” to me.
Has anyone seen their black cases darken the last couple of months? Any tips?
it’s not that I don’t like storm grey, but I miss a true black case.
I kinda dig the “light black” nature of the case but I totally get what you mean lol

Robb W.

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2019
When I pre-ordered my Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro, I spent an entire week obsessively scouring Google and YouTube reviews to find the best case to show off and protect my new phone. I ended up deciding on a Mous Clarity case to show off the color and sleekness. Unfortunately, Mous did not yet have a Clarity case for the iPP at the time. So, while I waited, I ordered a Forest Green leather case from Apple; just to have something on my phone to protect it. I have since grown to really like my Apple leather case!

Last week, I got an email from Mous that the Clarity clear case was finally available for the iPP. I ordered it because that's the case I had originally wanted and still was interested in checking out how it looked on my phone. It arrived this past Saturday. I took it out of the packaging, put it on my phone, and almost immediately regretted my purchase. I slipped my iPP back in to its Forest Green leather case and filed the RMA with Mous within 15 minutes of opening the package! I just love the sophisticated look of the Apple leather case too much to part with it.

Anyway, here's a pic of my case after 2+ months of daily use. If it has developed any patina at all, it's too even for me to really tell. Of course, I don't have a NIB forest green case to compare it to. So, maybe it really is getting a nice even patina. Once a week, I take my phone out of the case and use a little dab of "O'Keeffe's Working Hands" hand cream. I rub it into all the leather parts of the case until it is fully absorbed. I use a soft cloth to wipe off any excess around the buttons. So far, the case maintains a soft, supple feel without being too slippery or too sticky. I just love this case and do not wish to replace it with any other.

iphone case.jpg

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
I kinda dig the “light black” nature of the case but I totally get what you mean lol

I think the black case this year was lightened deliberately to put it in line with the Space Grey 11 Pro which is also significantly lighter in shade than the Space Grey on the X/Xs.

I also note the black silicone case too is a shade lighter.

Kidder1994

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Hi, just wondering, i bought an iphone 11 pro black leather case a while ago and i noticed that the case makes the phone to wiggle a bit in the camera side of the case...

I went to my local shop asking for a replacement, but they test a new leather case and it wiggles too... tried the case with two different iphone 11 pro and happens on both, so i guess is a manufacture issue?

After seeing that the other leather case opened in store does wiggle too i kept mine as exchange would be pointless.

So if anyone could share their experience would be great, i had two leather cases for my old iPhone XS and they don't wiggle at all.

Reactions: Fuchal

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I think the black case this year was lightened deliberately to put it in line with the Space Grey 11 Pro which is also significantly lighter in shade than the Space Grey on the X/Xs.

I also note the black silicone case too is a shade lighter.
I noticed that on the silicone case
[automerge]1574838801[/automerge]
Hi, just wondering, i bought an iphone 11 pro black leather case a while ago and i noticed that the case makes the phone to wiggle a bit in the camera side of the case...

I went to my local shop asking for a replacement, but they test a new leather case and it wiggles too... tried the case with two different iphone 11 pro and happens on both, so i guess is a manufacture issue?

After seeing that the other leather case opened in store does wiggle too i kept mine as exchange would be pointless.

So if anyone could share their experience would be great, i had two leather cases for my old iPhone XS and they don't wiggle at all.
I had an 11 pro black leather case and it was solid on the phone. No wiggle.

drewzak

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2018
Is anyone selling a saddle brown iPhone XS case? Can't seem to find any place with a discount, yet they are already discounting the iPhone 11 pro versions....

Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
SB after 2 weeks of daily use. I work as a mechanic so my hands are constantly filthy. Im surprised it isn’t darker.

Looking good man. I normally go with saddle brown as well. But just ordered a black one off of Amazon today.
[automerge]1575339159[/automerge]
Is anyone selling a saddle brown iPhone XS case? Can't seem to find any place with a discount, yet they are already discounting the iPhone 11 pro versions....

I have one that was used for about a year that I could sell you. If interested, let me know. (If that is allowed here, not sure as I am new).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.