Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wlisik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
Poland
I have configured @icloud addres on Android phone (Huawei) and want to know why minimum time between mail-server<>mobile app is 15 minutes. Why cannot it be real-time, like mail comes to server, I get notification on the phone?

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I don't use iCloud email, but my guess is that it depends on the email client. I believe Gmail on Android only support push protocol for Gmail servers.

Try Blue Mail from the Play store. Not sure about iCloud specifically, but some internet users said it supports Imap idle.

Reactions: wlisik

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I'd use Outlook for Android. An excellent e-mail app. I don't use iCloud e-mail but haven't had issues with multiple GMail and Yahoo accounts.

Aika

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2006
Dont know this app. Can it be installed separately or as a bundle with MSO?Not to mention, Im not big fan of Microsoft.

Why? They make some of the best apps on iOS and Android.

I use Outlook on my iOS devices with my iCloud email and there's no delay in receiving emails. My Android phone I only use for work accounts but I can't imagine it's any different there.

wlisik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
Poland
@Aika why Im not big fan of MS? The very same reason for which I dumped Windows totally and fully switched to Apple ecosystem :: MS has always been well known for their weird understanding of user-friendliness; in extreme cases leading to some things that should have never happened like disappearing files/devices, some incopatibility issues where devices have been working flawlessly prior updating and so on......

Aika

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2006
@Aika why Im not big fan of MS? The very same reason for which I dumped Windows totally and fully switched to Apple ecosystem :: MS has always been well known for their weird understanding of user-friendliness; in extreme cases leading to some things that should have never happened like disappearing files/devices, some incopatibility issues where devices have been working flawlessly prior updating and so on......

I get that but Nadella's Microsoft is very different to Ballmer's so I really recommend giving them another chance. Windows is still a usability nightmare but their apps on Android and iOS are excellent and they're building up a very good cross-platform ecosystem. In my experience the Apple and Microsoft ecosystems are fairly complementary too, covering for each other's shortcomings.

• Love
Reactions: wlisik

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
Some people never forgave MS for killing WinXP. Others think the data collecting from Windows 10 is a huge issue.

Others of course refuse to use Microsoft based on their opinion of Bill Gates, forgetting that he isn't running the show anymore.

I actually like the new UI design of Outlook and so on on their UWP apps. They're much easier on my eyes than the blinding white of Google.

wlisik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
Poland
Some people never forgave....
Its not about forgiving. I can forgive easily if I wanted to. Besides, they have done no harm to me, so there is nothing to forgive..... I simply do not agree with (most of) their decisions regarding Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.