Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m_emelchenkov

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Hello everybody. Not a typical question. To retro fans, mainly :)

I am looking for owners of Apple Network Server 700 (ANS 700) machines. To whom never heard about it: it's an Apple server from mid 90s. I got one, and I want to repair it. I look for a small help, please do two things:
1. In turned off state, but with power cord connected, will a green light inside PSU be ON? You will see it if you'll remove bottom front cover which covers PSUs.
2. If completely remove PSU from the server, and plug power cord right into the PSU, will this light be on?

I suppose, mine PSU is dead, but I can't even start diagnosis, because I know nothing about its expected behaviour. No schematics and no proprietary 30-pin pinouts documentation available. If anybody will check this light, I will know, at least, how it should work when power is on, and try to find a tech. who will repair it with this minimal knowledge.

I'll be really appreciate if some of you will share service documentation regarding this PSU and server in a whole. There are very few docs publicly available, and I 100% know there is a service documents exists, they were referred in a public documentation.

And, finally, mine one lacks some parts. Who has this server for parts, or parts from the server (500 or 700 model), I'll be interested in purchasing.

Reactions: tevion5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.