Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomaustin44

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2013
sadly I'm unable to download 8.4 until I'm back on WiFi at home but I notice there's no mention of Apple Pay UK support in the release notes. Can anyone who's downloaded and installed confirm whether there is any support?

tomaustin44

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2013
Really disappointed about this... Should have known that if Apple say July release that could be at any point in July. I don't trust what the banks are saying about 1/7 activation.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
It's only a toggle at apples end. No update needed. It has existed in the OS since it went live in the states.

Reactions: shandyman

kmullen

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2011
Gutted to hear that. Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer until an 8.4.1 release later in the month

I don't think it'll take an OS update to enable it. I (probably) could be wrong but it seems to be set to region and the facility is already there in passbook and apple just need to enable it?

Reactions: shandyman

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
Apple will enable it when it goes live in the UK no update required hopefully will be tomorrow
The only reason an update was required for the US was because the Apple Pay software wasn't even on the device before that. I agree with you that an update probably isn't required.

Reactions: mariana888

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I've seen another post within the MacRumors forums that First Direct have said it'll launch 1/7.

Prior to today I could get as far as the Terms & Conditions Santander UK had laid out with my Visa Debit card and MasterCard credit card (when the region was set as 'United States.')

For a while today I was unable to try again (whilst Apple were preparing to roll out 8.4 to the public) and any attempts since then tell me it's not possible to add a card at this time.

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
If the wording on the keynote was "from July", it would certain suggest a release tomorrow. But two iOS updates in the same week ? Seems unlikely. I know you can change your region to US now to enable apple pay options but for the general public will require a small patch like 8.4.1.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Nothing from Natwest yet - this from their forums last Thursday: " just to keep you all posted, the live date will be in July as mentioned by Apple at their recent Keynote, we'll be able to give you the exact date as soon as we know"

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
Ok just spoke to a friend who works at Santander UK and "mid july" is what's being bounced around internally and I was also informed of a daily £15k limit! That should cover most things :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.