Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

droplink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2014
Hi,
I was wondering if others have experienced this bug as well...

I used to be able to just put my phone near a pay-reader and the phone would automatically bring up the credit car, and ask for fingerprint to verify payment.

Now, it won't and I have to unlock the phone, open the wallet app, and only then I am able to start the payment.

Has anyone experienced this as well?
It was not a problem in iOS12...

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Or accidentally disabled double press of the side button for Apple Pay?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Responding to an old post as I had the same problem. You have to allow express transit in your wallet & Apple pay settings for it to work.

Express transit is not required to use Wallet from the lock screen.

Settings > FaceID/TouchID & Passcode > Wallet - Allow access when locked - toggled ON is the required setting to allow access to wallet when locked. (kind of goes without saying)

Express Transit only activates for participating metro readers that except payment cards via digital wallets. Named "Express" because it bypasses security authentication of FaceID/TouchID to speed up boarding. Its "safe" but I would be weary having a method of payment turned on that can bypass security authentication unless you use one of the few metros that except it (2 in the US).

I've never turned Express Transit on and my iPhone 6S and now 11 Pro Max activate while the phone is locked without an issue. Express Transit was available in iOS 12 as well but I think during the iOS 13 update some people accidentally defaulted Wallet on the lock screen off by accident or it just defaulted that way.

mariah1902

Suspended
Oct 27, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hi,
I was wondering if others have experienced this bug as well...

I used to be able to just put my phone near a pay-reader and the phone would automatically bring up the credit car, and ask for fingerprint to verify payment.

Now, it won't and I have to unlock the phone, open the wallet app, and only then I am able to start the payment.

Has anyone experienced this as well?
It was not a problem in iOS12...

Yes, they have increased the security. I think this is a good thing. Although this is the only thing that I have liked from the IOS 13. Other than that all the bugs that are still in 13 are killing me. I really want to go back to 12.4.2 where everything was great ad even the battery backup was outstanding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.