Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decisions

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Listing here: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HNQP2ZM/A/bose-noise-cancelling-headphones-700-charging-case

HNQP2

Apple has partnered with Bose to release these exclusive Bose 700 headphones. They come in a unique black/quarts color scheme, and interesting with a charging case that gives a full 2nd full 20 hrs. of battery life (which brings the price tag to $450).

Queen6

macrumors G4
Given BOSE's antics with the QC 35 I & II I wouldn't give them the time of day. BOSE conveniently nerfed the QC 35's on the release of the new 700 as it simply didn't outshine the older QC 35's. BOSE's own forum is on fire about the same issue. On latest update 4.5.2 firmware the difference in ANC was night and day a significant and very obvious reduction in ANC?

Luckily I was able to roll back the firmware before BOSE blocked it. Looking like another company that deliberately builds in obsolescence. Far worse forces it by issuing firmware with inferior ANC. BOSE remains to state that no change to ANC has occurred and they are unable to replicate. I could tell in a matter of seconds, as could countless others. I even went back and forth with the older and newer firmware the reduction in ANC was 100% reproducible and very obvious.

The difference has even been measured, yet BOSE remains to ignore...
As they say BOSE, Buy Other Sound Equipment...

Hundreds of pages and thousands of posts, yet BOSE seemingly cares very less. Yet another example of brand arrogance where corporate greed overrides serving the customer. My BOSE SoundSport Free recently failed with yet again another "common" issue that BOSE ignores now replaced by Sony's excellent WF-1000XM3 wireless earbuds.

ANC - Active Noise Cancelling

Q-6

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.