Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Why do countries want to show other countries in bad light? I remember as kid I watched so many Hollywood movies showing Russia in bad light. Problem is: kids who grow watching these movies get their brains wired to think that way, often for life.

Well. Hollywood is filled with individualistic Heroism, where one person save the whole world or country. And you can put United States as villain, you need a country that is equal strong and not have same ideal with United States as villain.

Back then, it would be Soviet Union. Russia as one inherited from Soviet Union, would logically be the villain.

To be honest, most big production Hollywood movies are pretty follow same temples, when you watch some of those movies, you automatically know what gonna happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Regbial

ocnitsa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I, for one, find it disgusting and reprehensible that the Emily Dickinson show will be barred from its edgy subplot that would have included insinuations about a critique of the modern Chinese government. Further, Masters of the Air is likely going to have to remove all critiques of the response to protests in modern Hong Kong. Finally, I guess Amazing Stories is going to have to remove all images related to Winnie the Pooh that might have made for some seriously awesome programming. What exactly do we think this means for Apple + TV? It's not like it exactly was aligned from the outset as revolutionary regime-changing TV...

KnighsTalker

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
In the Web
Unfortunately money talks and BS walks! Like it or not Apple is ensnared in China's grip. Everyone is who wants to play with them. It is a sad comment about the US that we are under the control, not influence, but control of the Chinese government.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Definitely not Tim, as Tim is not about choice. In that case, I'm guessing, just another loyalist that doesn't want to hear anything that doesn't align with their own beliefs. If you're not in China, feel free to feel free. ;)

LOL. Again, feel free not using Apple product, since you are a person with such high moral ground. Why would you want buy Apple product when Apple is doing business with CCP?

You should destroy your Apple gadgets right now. Otherwise you are just other hypocrites.

Thank you to remind me that I had freedom for moving around the world. Oh, I am absolutely enjoying my time outside China. Watching western slow progress and political infighting is joyful. The more I spent outside of China, the more I love China.
[automerge]1571005232[/automerge]
Unfortunately money talks and BS walks! Like it or not Apple is ensnared in China's grip. Everyone is who wants to play with them. It is a sad comment about the US that we are under the control, not influence, but control of the Chinese government.

Get use to it. After all, the world has been under control of United State government for very long time. The stone is cracking.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
It is kind sad where USA trying to maintain its power at all cost and trying to paint anyone challenges United States as evil. United States has killed more people than any other countries, causing more chaos around the world than any other country.

United States is in its core desperate to maintain its world police status and run by the corrupted military companies.

It is ironic that you guys think China wants more power. Tell me which country we invaded? Which country we bombed? which country we sabotaged? Which country we invaded than left behind.

It is funny where you guys accusing China. Please reflect yourself before pointing your finger. Nobody take you guys seriously anymore.

If you are accusing China changing current world order, then so be it. Why isn’t China allowed to challenge current world order?

After all, the root of all these hate toward China is arrogance and deeply superiority you guys feel toward China and Chinese. You guys cannot allow non-white country challenge world order build by white dude. You guys are trying to put superiority with your system and demoralized other system.
Your totalitarian government is ****ing up with my country. So please, give me a break. Communism is same **** as nazism, murdered/murdering millions of people, MILLIONS!

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Your totalitarian government is ****ing up with my country. So please, give me a break. Communism is same **** as nazism, murdered/murdering millions of people, MILLIONS!

Show me the proof of million people being murdered? Otherwise you are just joke.

And no. CCP is not going anywhere. People are happy for their country and their government

• Haha
Reactions: surfacewound

boccabella

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2010
It’s time for legislation requiring Apple and anyone else to allow apps be installed outside the App Store, and don’t say to just switch to Android because Google can lock down the OS at any time too. These companies are the equivalent of pre-breakup Bell Telephone.

m4mario

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2017
San Francisco Bay Area
Well. Hollywood is filled with individualistic Heroism, where one person save the whole world or country. And you can put United States as villain, you need a country that is equal strong and not have same ideal with United States as villain.

Back then, it would be Soviet Union. Russia as one inherited from Soviet Union, would logically be the villain.

To be honest, most big production Hollywood movies are pretty follow same temples, when you watch some of those movies, you automatically know what gonna happen.
This is the story of the modern world. Artistic restrictions defining modern thought process and opinions.

Reactions: baypharm

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
It’s time for legislation requiring Apple and anyone else to allow apps be installed outside the App Store, and don’t say to just switch to Android because Google can lock down the OS at any time too. These companies are the equivalent of pre-breakup Bell Telephone.

Sure. Let’s see if it even able to pass through the house. You think the billions of dollar spent by big corporation won’t do anything?

You can keep dreaming, but ultimately this won’t even see a light.
[automerge]1571018530[/automerge]
It’s not cheaper anymore. You visit any store in China and you will see that many products are now made in Vietnam.

Actually, some of the products are still being made in China, these are just final assembled in Vietnam. And some aren’t even made in Vietnam. Lots of Chinese companies do this in order to avoid Trump’s import tax.

mattnotis

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Media is going to get so goddamn boring if China has to give everything their stamp of approval. God bless Matt and Trey for telling Pooh to go piss up a rope.

Reactions: GreginNJ

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
In other words Apple released a movie that sounds like China is in real life. And China doesn’t like that.

Few in the west understand the unbelievable control it is exerting on its people.

Yes. I’ve been to China twice (unfortunately). Each time I was followed and it was very discomforting to say the least. In fact, I wondered if I would even get to leave. The second time was the most scary. I was stopped by the MSS in broad daylight and questioned. My answers were not impressing them and needless to say, I will never go back for any reason. Communism is something you don’t ever want to be around.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I’m the biggest Apple fan out there, but Tim Cook have to leave his position as a CEO immediately. Apple should leave China immediately. China have to be isolated from the rest of the world, until their own population will get rid of that government.
What I would think is China will then immediately close its border and start a war against the entire world, maybe with Russia. Given what happens in USA right now, I am afraid that the western world will fail to ally together and hold off China’s full on invasion with Russia.
1.4 billion people mind controlled by Chinese communist party is a force to reckon with by any measure. I doubt western world wants to see that happen.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
What exit strategy? Why give them the benefit of the doubt in such a way with zero proof? Because there’s plenty of proof the to the contrary. And yes. Leaving is better. Because maybe then it’ll give the Chinese populace a reason to question their tyrannical government. Right now they all get their shiny iPhones and are pacified.
Nope. Guess what? If Apple is forced to quit China, most Chinese people will pick whatever Huawei OnePlus Oppo or whatever local Chinese companies offer and live with it. It is not so much about Chinese people need Apple, but quite the opposite. And your imaginary questioning tyrannical government scenario will almost never happen.

Reactions: GreginNJ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.