Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruslansv

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2019
At this point it seems that Apple has either decided they've fixed it enough and are satisfied with the result, or they just don't know how to fix it.

I tend to think its the latter as this far in to iOS 13 its ridiculous to think that they would be satisfied with the result of their own mail application.

Likely the latter - seems like way too many underlaying architecture issues / technical debt that they are simply unable to tackle it at this point (and also fearful to touch the code in significant ways). Plus seemingly a sorry state of test automation / coverage such that they simply can't fix it without breaking something else without knowing it before it goes to customers.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Well, probably better they tweak something that needs tweaking before release.
I have become so incredibly patient with Apple to the point where I’m like “don’t rush! Take allllll the time you need”. Seems like when they rush things, they’ll issue a big fix update that gives us more bugs

Kilibee

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2016
Munich
Calls to emergency numbers are always allowed and will turn off communication limits for 24 hours when placed.
Am I the only one thinking that this will cause numerous fake emergency calls?

Just call emergency, say „Sorry, that was an error!“, and having communication limits lifted for 24 hours?

That is definitely not a good idea.

Reactions: NetMage

Aditya rathee

macrumors regular
May 1, 2019
India
Just a small thing but apple really needs to put a fast charging indicator in ipad ... i have heard that on iphone if yu connect to a fast charger it vibrates twice or something like that but in ipad nothing happens

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
After all these damn bug fix updates, I still have bugs. And i bet after this update ill still have bugs. Hell. I’ll probably have more bugs

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
Please oh please tell me they’ve fixed the email bug. Seriously it’s so annoying that this can’t be fixed.

The should be able to update apps like Mail via the App Store, so bugfix wouldn't need to wait for a release of iOS. I get that some of the stock apps like Safari are deeply integrated with the OS, but having the ability to update a single one of them would be useful in some scenario.

Reactions: Rivvvers

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
Please oh please tell me they’ve fixed the email bug. Seriously it’s so annoying that this can’t be fixed.
What email bug ? ?
[automerge]1575628587[/automerge]
Nah its still broken. At this point it looks like the options are going to be use it in its current state and deal with it, or use a third party application.
I can’t understand what bug are you referring to ... ?

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What email bug ? ?
[automerge]1575628587[/automerge]

I can’t understand what bug are you referring to ... ?

My email issues:

• Separate tones for each account doesn't work, worked perfectly in iOS12
  • Mail notification lag/ghosting. When you read all messages the individual account folders don't reflect this until you move around in the mail app across folders
  • Background updates are not working, seems to have to be kicked in the backside from time to time to work/fail

Codpeace

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
NYC
You think they’ll FINALLY fix iTunes on IOS bug I logged like months ago - case 100939412442 documented on 10/30/19. Sent file dumps on 11/1/19 and still no response or fix. The bug screws up smart playlists as witnessed by apple support viewing my Mac and iPhone!

Let’s get with it Apple and please don’t lead us back into the world when Steve Jobs left apple and quality went with him!
It must be distressing to be important but nobody is listening.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
I hope they fix continuity ... incoming calls ring on my Mac but get missed on my phone as my Mac is still ringing ...
I hate getting calls. First, my phone rings. Then my watch starts beeping. And once I've had enough, my Mac starts to chime as well. They need to add a feature where only the device that is most active at the moment rings. For example, if I'm typing on my Mac, then only my Mac rings. If I'm on my phone, then it rings. I don't need 3 devices ringing at the same time.
Also, when I answer or decline a call, my other devices don't stop ringing for a few seconds.
[automerge]1575641554[/automerge]
Also, I have this problem where if I get texts while my Mac is closed, then I open it later on, all my messages start coming in, and they all appear in my notifications, even if I have already dismissed them on my phone.
[automerge]1575641664[/automerge]
A while ago, I didn't use my Mac for a few days, and when I opened it, I got an entire 3 days worth of messages that just rang and rang for about 3 minutes. They all came in one at a time. Very annoying.

DrJR

Cancelled
Nov 20, 2017
no need to take kid's phones away anymore. "you're not allowed to call your bf anymore, lizzy" - click.
Growing up phones had cords. A girlfriends dad had a switch in his closet that cut the line in his daughter's bedroom. Every night at 9PM her phone would mysteriously stop working. xD

• Haha
Reactions: alexandr

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
Growing up phones had cords. A girlfriends dad had a switch in his closet that cut the line in his daughter's bedroom. Every night at 9PM her phone would mysteriously stop working. xD

growing up had no phone in bedroom at all. one in the kithcen and one in the living room. our number ended with two zeros, so calling home was always extra exhausting - damn rotary phones. :)

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
My email issues:

• Separate tones for each account doesn't work, worked perfectly in iOS12
  • Mail notification lag/ghosting. When you read all messages the individual account folders don't reflect this until you move around in the mail app across folders
  • Background updates are not working, seems to have to be kicked in the backside from time to time to work/fail
Thank you !

I don’t have any notification (except for the badge) so I didn’t notice.

but I can confirm background updates are not working (not always at least). I have to open the app to retrieve mails most of the times.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
growing up had no phone in bedroom at all. one in the kithcen and one in the living room. our number ended with two zeros, so calling home was always extra exhausting - damn rotary phones. :)
LOL, I know how you feel, my last 4 digits growing up were 9959.

• Haha
Reactions: alexandr

Raketemensch

macrumors member
May 17, 2013
Tralfamadore
New features, blah blah, how about fixing it so my iPad battery doesn't drain 3x faster than it used to?

There are some games I've been playing for years that are stuttering so badly they lose track of the fact that you're touching the screen, or audio stutters ike you're running on a 286.

I know people say this all the time, but this is a low for iOS.

Don't even get me started about Mail...
[automerge]1575650554[/automerge]

Heh, "the" email bug...

I don't get it, there have been solid mail clients for every platform for 15-20 years now. This isn't rocket science.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.