Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heineken

Suspended
Jan 27, 2018
Your sinophobia is despicable. We Europeans have had our fair share of your Five Eyes, Echelon, XKeyScore and other kinds of espionage, and nothing of the kind fom China. I trust Tencent way more than Facebook or Google, evil and malicious American companies who would sell your grandmother for dollars if they could.

By the way: China is not communist other than by name. Private companies are not part of the state, less so the government. Hey, I saw Tim Apple speaking with Obama, he must be part of the gubmint.
Are you blind? No company in china rises to the top without dancing to communist party song.

SoCalReviews

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2012
And? We're just making an articles now insisting anything Chinese is bad are we? Is this the new cold global tech war?
[automerge]1571051134[/automerge]

At this point i'd trust a Chinese company more than Google.

Erm, that's quite a bold claim.

If you didn't have China in your life you'd not have a very good life currently considering everything from every manufacturer is built there. Not to mention they have some fantastic companies like QNAP who make the best NAS systems I won't be giving up anytime soon.

As someone in Europe, with the nut you've got at the helm, America are a far more dangerous entity to world peace at the minute and are currently doing just as many disgusting domestic things.
It might be time for you to educate yourself regarding world history regarding totalitarian governments in Asia and Europe and as far as the current U.S. leader... that one who has helped orchestrate the best economy in the world over the last couple years... lowest unemployment in fifty years... lowest ever recorded for minorities and among the lowest ever for women, highest stock market value ever, national energy independence, best economic growth in decades... and someone doing everything possible to remove military from overseas involvement created by others in the past.... After decades of stagnant economics and questionable dangerous foreign policies... things have finally started to look great again.

Reactions: 1146331 and Marekul

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Is that so? Perhaps you would like to share some sources to back up this statement of yours, or should we just believe that it is a result of your extensive knowledge about China and your experience of living there?

Are you blind? No company in china rises to the top without dancing to communist party song.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
False advertising
dwgoq2uv4aa_aov-jpg-large-jpeg.869421

Attachments

• DwGoq2uV4AA_Aov.jpg-large.jpeg
    DwGoq2uV4AA_Aov.jpg-large.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 428

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
By the way: China is not communist other than by name. Private companies are not part of the state, less so the government. Hey, I saw Tim Apple speaking with Obama, he must be part of the gubmint.

you’re a fool to believe that.

It has long been understood that Tencent — the Chinese firm that owns WeChat and QQ, two of the world’s most widely used social media applications — facilitates Chinese government censorship and surveillance. But over the past year, the scale and significance of this activity have increased and become more visible, both inside and outside China.
During the last month alone, several events have illustrated the trend and Tencent’s close relationship with the Chinese authorities. On March 2, Dutch hacker Victor Gevers revealed that the content of millions of conversations on Tencent applications among users at internet cafes are being relayed, along with the users’ identities, to police stations across China. Just three days later, the company’s founder and chief executive, Pony Ma, took his seat among 3,000 delegates to the National People’s Congress, the country’s rubber-stamp parliament. Ma reportedly raised the issue of data privacy even as security agencies were using data from his company’s applications to root out unauthorized religious activity.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Reactions: Marekul

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Yeah, like supporting those "freedom fighters" in Mujaheddin and al-Qaida… or removing a stable secular regime in Iraq with a silly pretext about WMD… then dumping a refugee problem on us in Europe…

and someone doing everything possible to remove military from overseas involvement created by others in the past

Heineken

Suspended
Jan 27, 2018
Is that so? Perhaps you would like to share some sources to back up this statement of yours, or should we just believe that it is a result of your extensive knowledge about China and your experience of living there?
Ask any expat living there in at 2nd tier city for the past 10 years. Their experience will mirror all suspicions.

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
No, you are a fool not to see the bigger picture here. Private companies in China follow Chinese law in China, just as they follow local law anywhere. It doesn't mean they ARE the government.

The attack on Huawei is just a scapegoat to block competition and derail free trade, along with the whole trade war. Containment of China is the new US policy, a cold tech war if you will. My bets are not on the US this time.

you’re a fool to believe that.

SoCalReviews

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2012
Yeah, like supporting those "freedom fighters" in Mujaheddin and al-Qaida… or removing a stable secular regime in Iraq with a silly pretext about WMD… then dumping a refugee problem on us in Europe…
That's exactly right....I am talking about those dangerous foreign policies involving the military that previous U.S. administrations helped create.

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
I can see why Putin has an easy ride planting fake news in America… you poor people really believe in all that paranoid crap.

Exactly. Chinese companies are either directly corporate shells or indirectly corporate shells for the CCP. Huawei is a great example.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Getting really tedious to find these subtle terms changes only for Apple to then have to go on a PR drive to explain how innocent it all is (an exercise we all pay for in device prices).

How many times do we have to go through this charade before those dumpsters running the company realise it's best to be upfront and honest to begin with to stop all this before it starts? Or alternatively, stop being so pious about your devices when they are frankly no longer any different to Android.
Except apple was upfront about this. They put it in the small print

GalileoSeven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2015
Your sinophobia is despicable. We Europeans have had our fair share of your Five Eyes, Echelon, XKeyScore and other kinds of espionage, and nothing of the kind fom China. I trust Tencent way more than Facebook or Google, evil and malicious American companies who would sell your grandmother for dollars if they could.

giphy.gif

[AUT] Thomas

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2016
Graz [Austria]
Safe browsing always has been a privacy issue. Who cares if it's Tencent or google? Like any of those is respecting privacy...

At least the following settings need to be disabled if you're into privacy:
  • Safe Browsing/Fraud-Checking/... => sends out at least the domain, possibly the entire URL to google, microsoft, apple,... However, for not so tech savy people, it's better to sacrifice some privacy for security.
  • Search Suggestions => sends everything you type in the URL-bar to the search provider in real time.
    • If possible, split URL-Field from Search Field.
  • Pre-Loading of Links => for obvious reasons

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
This past week has been a major turning point for me concerning my trust for Apple

It’s funny with all these people complaining about Amazon or Google, foolishly, as Apple happily sends your data to Chinese corporations.. I don’t think they just want to sell you ads either..
land I also said this is a worrying trend with Apple as they collect tons of private medical data on you!

Reactions: GalileoSeven

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Tencent also own League of Legends and part own Fortnite and PubG, so please make sure you don't play any of those games if you're worried about having them see your user data :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bit late with that comment I’m afraid...

your data from all those endless fermium apps has been getting sold and traded for years.. whilst Apple happily promotes and hosts them and rakes 15 to 30% cuts of the in app purchases made, it’s why it’s incredibly hypocritical to claim Apple respects your privacy.. no they respect your wallet!

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
I can see why Putin has an easy ride planting fake news in America… you poor people really believe in all that paranoid crap.
Instead of putting your ignorance on full display, actually look at Huawei’s corporate structure. Sure, the workers are “shareholders“... albeit non-voting shareholders. Ren Zhengfei holds 1% control and the remainder is held by the “trade union committee” . Members of this committee are unknown other than being “representatives of the people”. There is a reason for a lack of transparency for something as simple as who controls the business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.