Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
Will we get the opportunity to create accounts with the new Apple Sign On process?

Reactions: jpn

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Will we get the opportunity to create accounts with the new Apple Sign On process?

indeed. kind of a shame for macrumors to not already be offering this.

kind of makes you wonder what macrumors actually does with the email addresses it knows.

Reactions: johannnn

PerfectCamp

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2020
I don't think MacRumors will be able to offer Sign In with Apple option as they don't have a native app in the App Store.

Apple Developer Support: "A prerequisite for Sign in with Apple on web is to have a linked app in the App Store"

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I don't think MacRumors will be able to offer Sign In with Apple option as they don't have a native app in the App Store.

Apple Developer Support: "A prerequisite for Sign in with Apple on web is to have a linked app in the App Store"

Hmm. We have it working but it IS a little janky because we don’t have an app.

arn
[automerge]1581553862[/automerge]
Existing users can connect an existing account here: https://forums.macrumors.com/account/connected-accounts/

We haven’t turned it on for new accounts because of the afore mentioned jankyness

PerfectCamp

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2020
@arn I just used it on MR and it worked great! Somehow you go it to work. I'm not sure why their support told me that when it obviously works for you. Now I'm confused :) Does your App ID have any native apps associated to it?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
No app. But that means we get a generic blank icon when you try to login.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.