Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronhead14

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
I was coming on here to post the same thing. "The Morning Show," "For All Mankind," and "See" have all been rated TV-MA. It's so lame! If I wasn't getting Apple TV+ before, I'm definitely not getting it now. To me, the "non-mature" element of Apple TV+ was pretty much its only selling point. Sorry Apple, no money from me.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
How do these folks deal with the real world? Fingers in ears and LaLaLaLaLaLa?

That's what I'd like to know. Because as I see it now. The mainstream American public is already sheltered as it is from harsh realities that other ordinary folks that live in other countries that aren't so cush. There is the rationale of I don't need to see that stuff to know it exists. But if you don't see it. You get to put it out of your mind and never deal with it. That to me signals when the bad things really do happen you'll be too traumatized to survive. Quite frankly TV/Movie violence comes nowhere near real violence. LiveLeak and other sites that don't censor show the true depravity of mankind. One needs to truly see to know that it exists and that to ignore it and pretend we live in Disneyland is to ones own detriment.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
What an heated disccusin this post became. Sorry all I posted was that I was annoyed that ATV+ is doing MA rated programs when they said that they were not going too. I would post the same thing either here or on AVSForums if Disney+ lied and made the Mandalorian MA rated.
[automerge]1571864441[/automerge]
This is A Good Thing.

Life would be very dull indeed if we all sought exactly the same things and our choices were limited to only one group's view of what is acceptable or not.
Don't tell HBO, Showtime, Epix, Starz, Amazon Prime, Hulu every one of there new originals are all MA rated. I remeber back in the 90's HBO and Showtime use to do shows for everyone but like Amazon Prime which use to do shows that I loved like "Just Add Magic" every new original is MA rated.

cjbryce

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2008
London
every new original is MA rated
I'm not sure that's really true. I've just had a very quick look at my Netflix originals listing and four of the six series on the top row are rated U or PG (UK ratings).

In any event, there's no reason why one group's particular preferences (which, in your case, seem to be catered for by Disney) should in any way override another's (which, in my case, are not catered for by Disney).

Choice is A Good Thing. Freedom to choose is An Even Better Thing.

Reactions: JBaby and Jayderek

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
I can't wait till season 5 of Lucifer drops. Such a good show. Procedural Law & Order meets Buffy the vampire lol or similar.

1572017977966.png

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
You mean the rotten age of TV. Yes I hate programs with sex, swearing and graphic violence. I am an Christian with values.

That’s ironic considering the Bible is full of that.
[automerge]1572595847[/automerge]
Do you not know the difference between images and words? And condoning vs a historical record?

We do, we also know the difference between fiction and nonfiction.

Last edited:

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Where did Apple actually say they wouldn’t do mature content? It just seems like in 2019 that would be a terminal business decision.
To each their own I guess but I find it amazing these opinions still exist.

Reactions: JBaby

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Where did Apple actually say they wouldn’t do mature content? It just seems like in 2019 that would be a terminal business decision.
To each their own I guess but I find it amazing these opinions still exist.

from over a year ago. Obv was wrong or they changed their minds

• Love
Reactions: compwiz1202

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
Which is why I said it was wrong.

With all due respect, @arn, Apple has never "actually said" anything along those lines. @danny842003's point is absolutely correct. As much as we all love MacRumors the linked report still just "sources" on an internet rumors forum. It's unreasonable for people to be upset with Apple for not adhering to a commitment that they never actually made.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
With all due respect, @arn, Apple has never "actually said" anything along those lines. @danny842003's point is absolutely correct. As much as we all love MacRumors the linked report still just "sources" on an internet rumors forum. It's unreasonable for people to be upset with Apple for not adhering to a commitment that they never actually made.
But the OP never claimed Apple said. I was just pointing out where the expectation came from.

arn

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
I guess we interpret "So much saying there content will be for everyone" and "I don't like there attitude saying that they were not going to do adult content and still do it." differently.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I guess we interpret "So much saying there content will be for everyone" differently.
what he is mad about:

what I am angry about is the saying that they were going to do shows TV-14 and below which is a lie or maybe it was just a fake rumor that ATV+ was not going to do adult content heck this site is called Macrumors not Mactruth or Macfacts.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
what he is mad about:

Seems the OP is suggesting that Apple (“they”) said it, when it was just other sources and never anything stated directly by Apple.

Either way, the sources that said they weren’t going to put out mature content were definitely misinformed.

Reactions: arn

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica

Exactly, like someone expecting Apple keyboard to be completely water resistant when there were no such claims on product materials.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.