Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Doesn't take much to scare Republicans into supporting the funneling of billions of dollars into the hands of government contractors. So much for fiscal responsibility...

No, that would be Medicare or any of a dozen other mismanaged entitlement programs that squander tax dollars daily. See, we will actually get something for our tax money when the construction on the border is completed and it will be there for decades fulfilling its purpose. Like the Hoover dam.

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
Agreed, as a legal immigrant to the US I am totally against porous borders and weak immigration enforcement. It is bad for legal immigrants, it is bad for the native populous and it is damaging to the society.

Why the hell should I jump through hoops, provide background documents, criminal history, proof I won't be a burden etc when someone who does not speak the language, has little to no skills, potentially a violent criminal past be allowed to stay just because?

As an immigrant I am fully behind Trump's immigration policies, I'd argue that they still are not strict enough.

Legal immigration is a huge asset to an advanced developed nation like the US. Illegal immigration brings in crime, lowers wages (especially at the very bottom of society), creates societal fractures, resentment, distrust and creates an underclass that does not pay tax.

The left love to conflate the two, but they are polar opposites. I'm here thanks to my own skills, family and by the generosity of the US. We only need to look at California to see where uncontrolled immigration leads.
Also why on Earth does the US still have birthright citizenship? I believe they are the only Western nation that still has this.

here is a list of countries with birth right citizenship but I agree that at least one parent should be from the country.

SharksFan22

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Totally agree. Dreamers is a politically expedient term.

The other bazaar thing is how a policy being enforced now, but created under the prior administration is a heartless policy. ?

Agreed - "Dreamers" removes the perceived stigma of being in the United States without proper documentation or authorization. I just do not understand why this is an issue. If you are DACA-eligible, you've had two plus years to solve the situation. How much longer do you need? And the subtle change in society from labeling someone here illegally as an "illegal alien" to just "immigrant" has been masterful.

I travel internationally for business and when I come back into the country, I have to show a US passport and prove citizenship (and proper immigrants show visas and green cards). Why do others not?

Reactions: Huck and GuruZac

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
No, that would be Medicare or any of a dozen other mismanaged entitlement programs that squander tax dollars daily. See, we will actually get something for our tax money when the construction on the border is completed and it will be there for decades fulfilling its purpose. Like the Hoover dam.

All we'll get for our tax money is a comfort blanket for conservatives.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
My family came from Italy in the 1930s to escape fascism. Are you suggesting I'm less American than someone "who's family has been here since the colonial era"?

America is all I have ever known. It's my life and my culture. See how silly you sound?

"protected children of illegals." ....comprehend?
[automerge]1570141462[/automerge]
That's actually not true. Coming here illegally is a crime. Being here in and of itself isn't a crime. These people don't have any legal standing at all.
[automerge]1570111188[/automerge]

The US is only anti-immigrant when the immigrant doesn't look like the majority.

Ignorance is natural for some people. People should experience getting into Canada .....tell me what you find?

View pages 8 and 9 Table 2 to understand how many different Countries obtain permanent residents in the USA.

PERSONS OBTAINING LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS BY REGION AND SELECTED COUNTRY OF LAST RESIDENCE: FISCAL YEARS 1820 TO 2009

Last edited:

T-R-S

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2010
Silicon Valley
wow look how you discriminate against a group of people just because they reach you think that they’re all horrible beings. Like every group of people there are the good and bad ones shockingly. When Trump got nominated for a presidential candidate are used to be one of those people that was cursing him and thought that he was just a megalomaniac Lex Luthor type comic book villain that he would bring the world to an end if he becomes president just because he’s rich and he was a famous celebrity.

But I changed my mind as soon as I saw him working for the middle class as a Pesident and improving the country for the better, promoting pro-life legislation and public praying etc.

We are all biased in the way but you cannot keep being biased when you get to know better the man and see his actions.
bias I would call it personal experience.
If you think Trump is for the "middle class" I have a bridge I can sell you. I have family and numerous friends that are extremely wealthy and they all pretty much behave like Trump does. " A spoiled brat who cry's and always gets mad if he can't his own way - no matter what the cost"
There government should stay out of peoples lives they have no business telling ANY woman what they should do if they they get pregnant. My next door neighbor raped his step daughter and got her pregnant - so I guess you should be burdened with the expense with raising that kid.

and I see you went to same school as Trump and you cannot spell either
Maybe you go to church an pray for my redemption...

here is some reading for you Trump draining the swamp by lining his own pockets (BTW that is a criminal violation of the US constitution)

T-R-S

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2010
Silicon Valley
Nice to see Timmy supports criminals. The hell with all illegals & anchor babies. Deport every damn one of them back across the boarder.
[automerge]1570070373[/automerge]
No. they are anchor babies and should be deported along with their illegal parents

I am an immigrant who came here based on having family that are US citizens - so that would make me illegal too?
Dude you need to read section one of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
Thankfully this is nation of laws instead of opinions.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
I never said I believe ALL Dems have that position but insisting that NO Dems have that position is equally absurd.

You can look at clips of Dem politicians who were serving in the Clinton era advocating for tough immigration control, that used to be the mainstream position of the Dem party. Now, find me Democrats who believe the US should have strong immigration policy and more physical security at the border including barriers. There are virtually none in Washington who are willing to voice or vote those opinions now even if their constituents disagree with them.

Sure you did with the blanket statement back in post#151: "Dems want no physical security AND they refuse to end chain immigration where illegal immigrants get legal status and then pull in their entire extended family."

You're being disingenuous.

It would be like me falsely saying: Republicans are white supremacists. And after being called out on it, then saying: I never said I believe ALL Repubs have that position.

Stop weaseling. You've now lost all credibility.

AlexGraphicD

Suspended
Oct 26, 2015
New York
If you think Trump is for the "middle class" I have a bridge I can sell you. I have family and numerous friends that are extremely wealthy and they all pretty much behave like Trump does. " A spoiled brat who cry's and always gets mad if he can't his own way - no matter what the cost"
There government should stay out of peoples lives they have no business telling ANY woman what they should do if they they get pregnant. My next door neighbor raped his step daughter and got her pregnant - so I guess you should be burdened with the expense with raising that kid.

here is some reading for you Trump draining the swamp by lining his own pockets (BTW that is a criminal violation of the US constitution)

lol yeah I cannot spell! It can’t be that I’m typing from my phone and don’t pay much attention to spelling or that English is not my native language. But go ahead, offend me so you can feel better for yourself. You are a miserable discriminating person.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNeb and PC_tech

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Sure you did with the blanket statement back in post#151: "Dems want no physical security AND they refuse to end chain immigration where illegal immigrants get legal status and then pull in their entire extended family."

You're being disingenuous.

It would be like me falsely saying: Republicans are white supremacists. And after being called out on it, then saying: I never said I believe ALL Repubs have that position.

Stop weaseling. You've now lost all credibility.

What are the official positions of each party on immigration?

oh my here’s the Democratic Party official position. See anything at all about immigration enforcement or distinguishing between legal and illegal immigration? No?

that’s because the Democratic Party is turning into the party of open borders.

unthinkable 20 years ago but mainstream today.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I think its bad for a company to use the excuse "We have workers here, so we have a better say than anyone else", just to overturn this.

Apple is good at doing this...But they seem to not respect it would affect everyone, not just Apple.. yet they are quick to only mention it will affect THEM as a major cause of this.

lol yeah I cannot spell! It can’t be that I’m typing from my phone and don’t pay much attention to spelling or that English is not my native language. But go ahead, offend me so you can feel better for yourself. You are a miserable discriminating person.

I wouldn't worry. If it makes ya feel better, i have trouble even with a full sized keyboard..

Reactions: PC_tech

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
What are the official positions of each party on immigration?

oh my here’s the Democratic Party official position. See anything at all about immigration enforcement or distinguishing between legal and illegal immigration? No?

that’s because the Democratic Party is turning into the party of open borders.

unthinkable 20 years ago but mainstream today.

No matter how much stuff you try and throw around to see what sticks, NOTHING corroborates your earlier statement: "Dems want no physical security..."

That continues to be a lie. Your credibility has sunk to zero.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
No matter how much stuff you try and throw around to see what sticks, NOTHING corroborates your earlier statement: "Dems want no physical security..."

That continues to be a lie. Your credibility has sunk to zero.

All one has to do is Google the locations of "Sanctuary Cities" where illegals are protected and listen to the first Democrat debate where all candidates agreed to open borders, insurance for illegal aliens....on and on and on...

Now stop the propaganda because you're the person spreading the lies.;)

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
All one has to do is Google the locations of "Sanctuary Cities" where illegals are protected and listen to the first Democrat debate where all candidates agreed to open borders, insurance for illegal aliens....on and on and on...

Now stop the propaganda because you're the person spreading the lies.;)

Great. Another one spewing all Dems want no border security. A lie.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
Looks like no comprehension.

Must of been in a safe space on the first Democrat debate, must not read papers or have access to internet, must have TDS.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
California 4th largest economy in the world, 3% unemployment rate ( and many cities in silicon valley its even less).....

So by your Progressive/Globalist logic having uncontrolled immigration (open borders) has what to do with skewed unemployment/economy numbers?

Post links showing these exact statistics.

T-R-S

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2010
Silicon Valley
So by your Progressive/Globalist logic having uncontrolled immigration (open borders) has what to do with skewed unemployment/economy numbers?

Post links showing these exact statistics.
ok 5th largest bigger than the United Kingdom

2.7% - San Jose - Sunnyvale
2.3% San Francisco County/2.1% San Mateo County

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars

Sounds like the spoiled brats are the ones still and always crying about Trump because of the 2016 election. Maybe you should go back to your previous Country if you're not familiar with how election/Government function and the history of the USA. In addition, read how rare Impeachment is and the understanding of "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

Also, get educated on pregnancies in regards to rape victims and stop spewing your ignorant propaganda. Most laws have"exceptions for rape, incest and medical emergencies" and your correct it shouldn't be up to the Federal Government but State controlled.

Liberals/Democrats who "support abortion but also claim to care about the separated children of illegal immigrants who cross America’s border with Mexico, saying, “Suddenly the Democrats care about children; not when it comes to abortion, mind you.”

infanticide?

T-R-S

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2010
Silicon Valley
Sounds like the spoiled brats are the ones still and always crying about Trump because of the 2016 election. Maybe you should go back to your previous Country if you're not familiar with how election/Government function and the history of the USA. In addition, read how rare Impeachment is and the understanding of "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

Also, get educated on pregnancies in regards to rape victims and stop spewing your ignorant propaganda. Most laws have"exceptions for rape, incest and medical emergencies" and your correct it shouldn't be up to the Federal Government but State controlled.

Liberals/Democrats who "support abortion but also claim to care about the separated children of illegal immigrants who cross America’s border with Mexico, saying, “Suddenly the Democrats care about children; not when it comes to abortion, mind you.”

infanticide?
The government cannot decide what's correct decision for ALL situations - that is settled law by the Supreme court - its between a woman and her doctor -

The bill, (Missouri) which bans abortions at around eight weeks of pregnancy, often before a woman even knows she is pregnant, included no exceptions for rape or incest.

That is just plain shameful

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
ok 5th largest bigger than the United Kingdom

2.7% - San Jose - Sunnyvale
2.3% San Francisco County/2.1% San Mateo County

What happened to the 4th largest:rolleyes: that was quick....Lol

CA especially Hollywood sure love China (sugar Daddy).

The original point was about illegal immigration which you clearly missed intentionally or clearly don't grasp.:oops:

beaker7

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2009
Also why on Earth does the US still have birthright citizenship? I believe they are the only Western nation that still has this.

There are 30 or so nations that have it. The USA has it due to the 14th Amendment.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
The government cannot decide what's correct decision for ALL situations - that is settled law by the Supreme court - its between a woman and her doctor -

The bill, (Missouri) which bans abortions at around eight weeks of pregnancy, often before a woman even knows she is pregnant, included no exceptions for rape or incest.

That is just plain shameful

Do you live in Missouri?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.