Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Do you happen to use Outlook.com and an Authenticator app for Multifactor Authentication (MFA)?

If so, where on earth is the setting to have the Authenticator app pop up the 'approve' button? I could have sworn that had to be turned on in the settings of the Outlook.com Security settings, no?

Just can't find it. It has been ages since I had to set it. Currently, if I log into my Outlook.com account online, I only get the 'approve' button via the Authenticator app, if I open the app.

Thanks

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Check to make sure that push notifications are enabled for the app.

Do you happen to use Outlook.com and an Authenticator app for Multifactor Authentication (MFA)?

If so, where on earth is the setting to have the Authenticator app pop up the 'approve' button? I could have sworn that had to be turned on in the settings of the Outlook.com Security settings, no?

Just can't find it. It has been ages since I had to set it. Currently, if I log into my Outlook.com account online, I only get the 'approve' button via the Authenticator app, if I open the app.

Thanks

Reactions: circatee

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
No, not using the Outlook app, the native Mail client.
I did turn on notifications, and will test it again tomorrow. It did seem to work after turning on notifications. But, with the Do Not Disturb now on, I test in the morning to make sure. Thanks

This! Also I hope you’re using the outlook app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.